Tuffy ESOX LTD next step in the refurb.
Nomadmusky
Posted 4/14/2020 6:43 PM (#957890)
Subject: Tuffy ESOX LTD next step in the refurb.

So now that my boat is complete and motors and electronics are updated I'm going to shift my focus to my trailer and update my bunks to lighted bunks . I think I'm going to use the Gatorbak Synthetic Bunks with LED lights underneath them for looks and to help at unlit landings at night. Have any of you done that? Are there other brands that anyone else has tried? Let me know what your thoughts and experiences are.

Kevin
Jerry Newman
Posted 4/15/2020 9:39 AM (#957920 - in reply to #957890)
Subject: RE: Tuffy ESOX LTD next step in the refurb.

That's a great boat!

I would also use the synthetic bunk material, with stainless steel lag bolts. I’ve put my boat on the trailer 100s of times at night and think the trailers standard running lights, with the vehicle taillights provide plenty of guidance.

I've seen people try to use powerful flashlights/spotlights etc. and frankly think that's a bad idea, just makes it more difficult because then you can lose your night vision. However, although I don't think it's really needed, lighted bunks would add a nice detail touch.
Nomadmusky
Posted 4/15/2020 2:34 PM (#957952 - in reply to #957890)
Subject: Re: Tuffy ESOX LTD next step in the refurb.

Jerry,

I do have new stainless hardware. Most of my landings I use are well lit at night, but I have some that are remote and pitch black. My tail lights are on the under side of the frame and I don't get much if any back light from them. What's the worst is when I'm backing up and someone doesn't turn their headlights off and sits with them shinning right at the front of the truck when you are backing up, you go from blinding light to pitch black. I have changed out my bunks before with carpet and thought this would be a nice touch.

Thanks,

Kevin