Finding a leak
Paul S
Posted 7/26/2019 3:28 PM (#943167)
Subject: Finding a leak

A leak developed in my X-190 and I could use some advice as to how to find its source. It literally developed overnight as I had been on a week-long trip and it all of a sudden the leak appeared. The only thing unusual that happened was that as I retrieved my truck after a day of fishing and the last day before the leak, the waves swung my boat around to the inside of the launch as it was tied and it sat in very shallow water on concrete. It happened fast, I wasn't using my Talon, and my dad couldn't keep it from swinging around. I have inspected the bottom of the hull and I don't see anything that should cause a leak.

I have resealed the drain plug and the livewell intake with silicone. The last time I went out I plugged the livewell intake and this slowed down the leak but the autobilge still kicked on after 2.5 hours on the water. Any advice as to what to look for before I take it in? Thanks.
NathanH
Posted 7/26/2019 5:23 PM (#943169 - in reply to #943167)
Subject: RE: Finding a leak

Bunk trailer?
Paul S
Posted 7/26/2019 6:05 PM (#943172 - in reply to #943167)
Subject: Re: Finding a leak

yes
VMS
Posted 7/26/2019 6:51 PM (#943175 - in reply to #943167)

Hiya,

Something to try... on the trailer, fill the bilge with water up to where you feel comfortable goin. Let it sit. If the hull is leaking, water will work it’s way out and you’ll at least narrow that down. If no water on bunks or floor, Then it’s on to livewell and hoses. Plug the exterior and fill one livewell and plug it’s drain system.. If water shows in the bilge, you’ve narrowed down the issue. If not , next livewell if one exists..

Steve

sworrall
Posted 7/27/2019 9:39 AM (#943187 - in reply to #943167)

Check the livewell pump as well. O ring could be shot or cartridge lose.