Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Suzuki
BettieBait
Posted 9/26/2003 3:45 PM (#83013)
Subject: Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Suzuki

Fall is here so it's time to start thinking about next years rig. Me and the boyfriend are going to be going with an 19ft or so bass-muskie fiberglass boat, and looking to get a 150-175hp 2 or 4 stroke, he doesnt see why, but I want a smooth running, quiet, smokeless 4 stroke. Merc hasnt really performed up to my desires, so we're looking to go Japanese for the next boat. What are your votes or experiences with one versus the others?

Thanks all!

BB
Evar D
Posted 9/29/2003 10:04 AM (#83188 - in reply to #83013)
Subject: RE: Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Suzuki

Suzuki makes the best four stroke by far, Hondas are too sluggish, but Yamahas V MAx packs a whollup. I would go with Yamaha. Yamaha are clean quiet and smooth also.

Evar D
kevin
Posted 10/6/2003 6:34 PM (#84052 - in reply to #83013)

Suzuki's are supposed to have a great warrenty. Not sure if it is on all hp's or not. Also Suzuki's can save you some cash when you buy it compared to a yamaha or honda. Only know 2 people with suzuki's and never heard either complain. Couple I know with Hondas haven't complained either. Don't know anyone with a yamaha. Yamaha and Merc share 4 stroke technology I believe.
Tyler Campbell
Posted 10/12/2003 11:48 PM (#84575 - in reply to #83013)

In my opinion, I'd run the Yamaha. But if you don't like the Merc, I think it's the same powerhead for the most part.

We're you running a 4-stroke Merc or a 2-stroke? There's a big difference.

Suzuki has had great reviews from what I've seen, but I've never run one before.

The V-Max is a 2-stroke motor, and a great performer. The power to weight ratio will be better than the 4-strokes. It might be the ticket too. I run an HPDI, and I love it.

Alot of it has to do with what boat you will be hanging it on.

Good fishin',

Tyler

sworrall
Posted 10/13/2003 9:02 AM (#84602 - in reply to #84575)

Mercury builds their own powerheads for the 4 strokes up to 60 HP, I believe. I have a 40 Merc 4 stroke on my Patriot 1690, and can't be happier with it. Great motor at a good price.