evertroll batteries
castmaster
Posted 9/9/2003 9:04 AM (#80979)
Subject: evertroll batteries

anyone out here have any experience with the evertroll trolling batteries? i have had numerous problems, and am wondering if its just me and my bad luck, or if these batteries are just plain junk.
Pepper
Posted 9/10/2003 10:23 AM (#81109 - in reply to #80979)
Subject: RE: evertroll batteries

Those are pretty expensive batteries. What type problems are you having? What has evertroll done to correct the problem?
Slamr
Posted 9/10/2003 2:20 PM (#81124 - in reply to #80979)

are you referring to the Walmart Evertroll batteries? If so, yes they are junk.

castmaster
Posted 9/26/2003 9:19 AM (#82958 - in reply to #80979)

no, i am refering to the evertroll batteries made by evercell. i had bought a pair spring of '02. worked great the first season. puilled the boat out of storage following sping, and one of the built in chragers had gone out. so they replaced both batteries with the new style, where the charger comes seperate. made it about 1 month before one of them stopped taking a charge. they then replaced that one. 3 weeks later, the 2nd of the original replacements stopped taking a charge. they replaced it. 1 month later, the 1st of the new replacements stopped taking a charge. they replaced. 2 weeks later the 2nd of the new replacements stopped taking a charge. they replaced. i am now on battereis #5 & #6. apparently there is a problem that if the battery falls below 8 volts, it will not accept a charge. this was never stated in earlier owners manuals, but is in the new one. you MUST dissconect the fuse between the charger and battery, or the charger drains the charge back out of battery while it sits. one of the reasons i originally bought these is you were supposed to be able to leave them right in the boat over winter while storing. now they have to be charged on a regular basis to keep from dropping below 8 volts. PAIN IN THE A*#!! at almost $800 a pair, they should charge themselves! as far as the batteries go, i couldnt in good faith reccomend them but they're customer service is about the best i've experienced!!!!