Last minute pointers for Vermillion
mavmskyb8
Posted 9/3/2003 9:21 PM (#80537)
Subject: Last minute pointers for Vermillion

Hey folks- Leaving for Vermillion in Northern Mn. friday and I'm looking for any pointers! Never fished the lake and have Musky Tom booked for 2 of the 7 days.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Bret
stephendawg
Posted 9/3/2003 9:29 PM (#80538 - in reply to #80537)
Subject: RE: Last minute pointers for Vermillion

I fished with Ace in late July this year and he says Tom is a hoot to spend the day with. Very capable and knowledgable as well. He and Ace are real good buddies and spend a lot of their free time learning the lake in greater detail. What a life!

There is so much to know about that lake so you've made a great choice in hiring one of the prominant guides to spend a couple of days with. Take good notes and a GPS if you have one.I'm anxious to hear all the details when you get back. Best of luck, Bret.

MikeHulbert
Posted 9/4/2003 8:17 AM (#80564 - in reply to #80537)

Hit rock bars and humps with topwaters during the early morning and evening. The rock bars that are in the main lake basin have been producing lately.

Also don't over look, rock reefs like Merry Go Round, Boys Camp, Bible Camp, all real close to each other and you can hit them several times in a short amount of time.

Mike Hulbert
Luke_Chinewalker
Posted 9/4/2003 8:37 AM (#80567 - in reply to #80564)

Think VERY long casts into 1ft of water. Fish can be very shallow almost on the beach and are spooky at times. Send me an email and I'll send you a link to a site that Ace, Tom and other locals use and share a ton of good info.
sabaskong bay
Posted 9/4/2003 8:39 AM (#80568 - in reply to #80567)

Uhm, Luke? Why not post the link for all of us?
Down to Earth
Posted 9/4/2003 11:00 AM (#80580 - in reply to #80568)

I believe this is the site. It is on Fishingminnesota.com Anyways hope this works: http://fishingminnesota.com/cgi-bin/forums/forumdisplay.cgi?action=...
Luke_Chinewalker
Posted 9/4/2003 11:43 AM (#80584 - in reply to #80568)

Becuase I thought it was against the rules to post a link to another site on this site. Here you go...

http://fishingminnesota.com/cgi-bin/forums/forumdisplay.cgi?action=...
Fish-n-Freak
Posted 9/4/2003 12:03 PM (#80585 - in reply to #80537)

You have made two great decisions so far -- Lake and guide choices. I fish Vermilion as much as possible and very often I do it with ACE. Tom is a great guide and person. You should have no trouble getting on fish with Tom, he and ACE are 2 of the best sticks around.

These guys go Muskie fishing every chance they get, the only time they are not Muskie fishing is when a client wants to fish for "bait". They know the lake and the fish. They have some BIG fish in Vermilion and you should see a few if not catch a couple.

Please post your results, I will be up there the first two weeks of October.

Also check out the Fishing Minnesota site, I am on there also, and ACE, Tom and David Swenson (Troller) are very willing to give their pointers. Not much that you won't learn from Tom in two days. So the boards aren't going to help you as much as Tom will.

Good Luck!
Steve
Shep
Posted 9/4/2003 1:34 PM (#80603 - in reply to #80585)

Rules? They have rules here?. Naw, they still let Slamr around. They even left it all to hisself last week when Worrall and Hintz were both up at LOTW! hehehe
GregM
Posted 9/4/2003 1:39 PM (#80606 - in reply to #80537)

JoMusky and I will be there sat and sunday (6th/7th). We have Ace booked on sunday...Mav what do you have a boat? I'm in a blue/silver Ranger bass boat with big flag on the motor (Evinrude)

look us up!!
mavmskyb8
Posted 9/4/2003 3:07 PM (#80621 - in reply to #80537)

20' Grey Nitro- Dual center console-KY numbers on the front -Big Merc in the back-two guys sling'n grits somewhere in between!! Hope to see you up there! We're fishing mostly the east end!
Running_Hot
Posted 9/4/2003 3:12 PM (#80622 - in reply to #80537)

Fellas-

I will be up there as well. Burgandy (brownish) Champion With Merc! We are fishing everywhere, but staying on the west end.

GregM
Posted 9/4/2003 3:12 PM (#80623 - in reply to #80537)

Cool, no idea where we are going to start, east or west. We are braving it alone on sat, then getting Ace on sunday. I'm sure we'll be cruising around quite a bit checking out some spots, hope to catch up with ya!!
mavmskyb8
Posted 9/4/2003 10:01 PM (#80659 - in reply to #80537)

Thanks to everyone for your help!! I hope I get to meet some of you over the next week! It's always great to put a name w/ a face!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!
Bret