Great news, and bad news
tuffy1
Posted 9/2/2003 8:12 AM (#80337)
Subject: Great news, and bad news

This weekend was full of lots of fishing for me. I started out on Saturday afternoon with Tuffy Jr. We trolled Pewaukee for hours with nothing to show for our efforts. It apparently was a tough bite that night, but what can you do. The next day, I hit a 25 acre private lake and popped a 40.5 in the first 15 mins. Beautiful Tiger! I was getting pumped to get out on some big water again, as it was overcast with periods of drizzle. I took to fiancee out for dinner for her 30th B-day, and I bargained with her. I said she could have her present, if we could go fishing after dinner. She was more than willing to agree. So, we got on the water by 8. After trolling for 2 hours, we finally had a rip. I popped the rod out of the holder, set the hook, and gave her the rod. I got the boat ready and just then I saw the fish at the boatside. I flashed the light on it, and Christine informed me that she didn't want to see how big it was. Being the accomodating person that I am, I kept the light on it, and proceeded to net it. I don't know who was more excited, her or me. It was her first legal at 43"s, on her 30th B-day. Pretty cool! We snapped some shots of her holding the fish, and released it back to the depths. After calling her dad, and everyone else in the phonebook, it was back to fishing, where we blanked the rest of the night.
Now the bad news. I took the roll of film in to get developed, and not a single picture on the roll turned out. I had 5 or 6 fish pics on that roll, including her 43. BUMMER. Now we are both sulking, and I'm trying to think of a way to superimpose a pic of her face on a pic of me holding a similar fish. Not quite the same.
Anyone have any recomendations on cameras?
Good Lungen,
Joel
TUFFY
Posted 9/2/2003 8:37 AM (#80340 - in reply to #80337)
Subject: RE: Great news, and bad news

At least you got the skunk out of the boat;)
Luke_Chinewalker
Posted 9/2/2003 10:21 AM (#80350 - in reply to #80340)

I just bought a 5.0 megapixle Sony digital that I love. I have been a SLR camera lover for many years. In fact two years ago we bought a Canon SLR I love but we just don't use it much. The last roll of film I developed had photos of fish almost a year old. We use the digital more often and there's no worries about the pix not turning out. You know immediately. Go to www.cnet.com for an awesome sight to do your research. Note the user reviews for each model.
tuffy1
Posted 9/2/2003 1:05 PM (#80372 - in reply to #80337)

Thanks Joe. I will look into that for you. Did you get out up here this week? Hope you got some action.
Good Lungen,
Joel
northbound
Posted 9/2/2003 1:21 PM (#80373 - in reply to #80372)

Wow, that exact problem is why we always carry a poloroid and a 35mm. We are not into digital yet. At least with the poloroid you know for sure and you have something instant to show. Sounds like you both need to go and get another fish soon.
Good luck
kevin
Posted 9/4/2003 8:12 PM (#80648 - in reply to #80337)

For digital cameras I like sony..specifically the one with the German lens, Leica I think it was. A friend has it and judging by the pics very good. Olympus has a digital that is weather proof(good idea for fisherman). Canon and Nikon are always good choices. Not sure about prices on the ones I mentioned, I think the sony was between 500and 700.