Mille Lacs - Night Fishing
Saginawmuskie
Posted 7/27/2017 8:10 AM (#871753)
Subject: Mille Lacs - Night Fishing

Will be hitting Mille Lacs tomorrow evening/night
Will be putting in at Cove landing. Any input for that area is greatly appreciated. Any unmarked spots I need to worry about? I've never fished the lake but am "experienced" at night fishing on bug water. Any help greatly appreciated.
Baby Mallard
Posted 7/27/2017 10:45 AM (#871782 - in reply to #871753)
Subject: RE: Mille Lacs - Night Fishing

I would suggest spending a lot of time during daylight hours on Mille Lacs before night fishing out there to get comfortable with your surroundings. Most of the hazards are marked but they might be hard to see at night. I know the lake very well and still get a little nervous out there at night sometimes.
jchiggins
Posted 7/27/2017 11:19 AM (#871788 - in reply to #871753)
Subject: Re: Mille Lacs - Night Fishing

Between 10pm and 6am no bait under 8" may be in possession on the water. Baby Mallard is correct. Good gps with night vision setting is a must. Take your time. The big water is deceiving at night. You don't tell mille lacs what landing you're using. The lake will let you know.
Hammskie
Posted 7/27/2017 11:22 AM (#871789 - in reply to #871753)
Subject: RE: Mille Lacs - Night Fishing

Cove might be dicey if you plan to navigate it after dark. There is a lot of shallow water and a neck down to get out of the main bay. Otherwise there is Wahkon public launch to the east, and Rocky Reef Resort has a launch to the west. Just my two cents.

There are weeds everywhere in the SW corner, so lay down a few hundred icons while the sun is still up and you'll have plenty to keep you going through the night.

Good luck!