Rubber Coating regular nets?!?!?
25homes
Posted 3/23/2017 11:08 AM (#854612)
Subject: Rubber Coating regular nets?!?!?

Really like the Rubber type nets that are on some of the New Nets...I have the Frabilll Power stow but its the Regular net not coated that lot of you guys just replace....was thinking about this has anyone tried to coat one of these normal type nets with Plastidip?? you could easily lay a number of coatings on the net to turn the Normal type nylon netting into the Better Rubber type netting....I am going to give this a try worse case it doesnt work and still have my normal net but I see NO reason it wouldnt work not sure how long it will hold up but could use the Plastidip or Try the Flex seal stuff very similiar but I think this will work....if anyone has tried please let us know or I will report back after I give this a try this weekend
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 3/23/2017 1:48 PM (#854652 - in reply to #854612)
Subject: Re: Rubber Coating regular nets?!?!?

I am going to try it on a smaller net I have and am going to use for stripers.

Here's a link to another thread about this topic.

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=10...
25homes
Posted 3/23/2017 2:34 PM (#854655 - in reply to #854612)

sweet I dont think the cans would be way to go way to mess when you can just use the spray cans and lay few coats and not have a mess at all....do net one way the flip it through the other way and lay couple layers should work well
JakeStCroixSkis
Posted 3/23/2017 7:03 PM (#854693 - in reply to #854612)

Idk if you've ever used plastidip before, I don't think it would work great in this application. A flex seal type would be better, I would think. Maybe not.
Jeremy
Posted 3/23/2017 7:39 PM (#854698 - in reply to #854693)

JakeStCroixSkis - 3/23/2017 7:03 PM

Idk if you've ever used plastidip before, I don't think it would work great in this application. A flex seal type would be better, I would think. Maybe not.

I've used that stuff on tools only. Doubt it would work well on our needs....
Just go buy a nice, coated bag. I did....totally happy.

https://www.driftertackle.net/shop/drifter-marine/predator-series-re...
V18
Posted 3/24/2017 6:49 AM (#854739 - in reply to #854612)

I have done this. You will have to thin the Plastidip some. Read the can to see what they recommend thinning it with. Put the thinned Plastidip into a small bucket submerge the net into it until coated. Hang to dry with the net spread out so none of the loops are touching each other. Worked great but it's a mess.