Legend Tournament vs. Legend Elite
ckhawkeye51
Posted 1/17/2017 10:40 AM (#846468)
Subject: Legend Tournament vs. Legend Elite

The specs on the big nasty sized rod look very similar. What differences can be expected? Anyone have any experience and is it worth the extra cash??
Lumpy
Posted 1/17/2017 11:12 AM (#846472 - in reply to #846468)
Subject: Re: Legend Tournament vs. Legend Elite

Biggest thing I noticed was weight. Elite is lighter than Tournament. As far as the rod loading on cast, feel of lure on retrieve, and hookset power b/w them appeared the same. Couldn't really tell a difference there. I could tell a difference after casting big baits for 14+ hours a day for a few days in a row. I was still sore, but maybe just a touch less sore. I'm undetermined if it's worth the extra cash or not yet, think it really depends how much time you put on the water.
wisskie
Posted 1/18/2017 8:33 AM (#846576 - in reply to #846468)
Subject: Re: Legend Tournament vs. Legend Elite

Here are a few features that the Legend Elite has that the Legend Tournament does not:

Taper Enhancement Technology (TET) - Improved action and sensitivity
FujiĀ® TorziteĀ® guides - saves on weight and is less abrasive
The cork and reel seat are different
Titanium hook keeper
SCV graphite with FRS and carbon-matte scrim
Elite has a 15 year warranty Tournament has a lifetime
slim profile ferrules

either way you go you will probably be more than happy. If you can get a deal on an Elite go that route if not get the big nasty. If you are financially comfortable spending 550 on a rod get the Elite. Also Thorne Bros makes some nice rods and I think can even do customs using St. Croix blanks.
beaverbuck1986
Posted 1/18/2017 6:32 PM (#846649 - in reply to #846468)
Subject: RE: Legend Tournament vs. Legend Elite

Two things stand out for me, no full cork option and the reel seat is super uncomfortable on the Elite. Also on St. Croix LT or Elite on Split grips the reel seat is set further up the rod. So while reeling, your reel will be further away from your body. Thats why I have preferred full cork. IMO. I will stick with my LT's.
followking
Posted 1/18/2017 7:33 PM (#846658 - in reply to #846468)
Subject: RE: Legend Tournament vs. Legend Elite

I own both. The elite is an awesome rod don't get me wrong. For me it's just not worth the extra $$. I was lucky enough to find one on clearance but the LT's are where my money will be going. Unless I find another on sale. If were gonna drop that much coin it would be on a predator with the torzite guides.