??? on used 1660 ProV
Randy Whiteman
Posted 6/28/2003 9:47 AM (#74472)
Subject: ??? on used 1660 ProV

I was at the Lund dealer getting some prices and measuring the boat when I found out that even a 16Mr. Pike wont fit in my garage!!! I guess with the new IPS hull they gained a few inches in all models. While I was talking with the owner he mentioned a used 1660 ProV in the back with a 75Honda4s. Its a real clean boat doesnt look like it was ever fished out of and never had a trolling motor on the front. It fits in my garage and I can probably get it for around 10k. Big savings from a new one and would work for my purposes. My questions, do the older ProVs that dont have IPS have a nice ride, and I was wondering if anyone has had this boat or fished from one? Its a 96model boat and motor. I will take the boat out Thursday to check it out on the water. Thanks again.

RandyW
GregM
Posted 6/28/2003 11:43 AM (#74473 - in reply to #74472)
Subject: RE: ??? on used 1660 ProV

I can give you some insight on the IPS system, but I don't have enough knowledge about the older Lund's since we just started with them the first of the year.

If the hull you are looking at doesn't have an Integrated Power Strake (IPS), it wil be a little slower onto plane and take faster speeds to maintain the boat on plane. I think the overall ride will be non-significant.

The flat spot on the bottom of the hull (IPS) is designed for the prop to grab 100% of fresh water thus popping onto plane quicker and staying on plane at slower speeds.
EdBB
Posted 8/2/2003 9:07 PM (#77753 - in reply to #74472)
Subject: RE: ??? on used 1660 ProV

Randy:
I have a 1992 1660 Pro-V - side console-with a Suzuki DT65. Have fished it on Lake Ontario in the fall and on the Ottawa River. Handles well in rough water and is easy to launch and pull out. Also fits into my garage.
Have had zero problems with the boat and motor since new.
I think that you'll be happy with it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ed