Duck Bay Lodge
Guest1
Posted 2/25/2015 9:17 AM (#755991)
Subject: Duck Bay Lodge

Looking at taking a trip to Duck Bay lodge this year, any body been there, what did you think? How was fishing in that area.
tom_b
Posted 2/25/2015 2:24 PM (#756051 - in reply to #755991)
Subject: RE: Duck Bay Lodge

My wife and I first started fishing the Morson area of LOTW in 1985 . We stayed at several different camps during the early years and visited other camps near the areas we liked to fish. We discovered Duck Bay in 1989 and decided to stay there in 1993. W e returned to Duck Bay each year for the next 15 years. I cannot say enough good things about the owners Dave and Sheree Swistun. They provide high quality service and will go out of their way to accommodate their guests. This includes providing "baby sitting" services for our young children when my wife and I would fish after dinner.

The camp is American plan only which greatly appealed to my wife. The food is excellent and plentiful. Rarely did we return from a trip without gaining weight. The cabins and lodge are first class. If you are renting a boat, you should find Dave's equipment very dependable.

Dave has knowledgeable guides who can put you on the fish. My wife and I enjoyed the location because we were within 20 minutes of our favorite areas. The only reason we no longer stay there is that our children grew older and wanted different vacation experiences. My wife still would like to return once the kids are out of the house. We both miss the friendships we made at that camp.

Hope that answers your question.