Anyone have/use Mirrocraft Aggressor Boats
muskymedic5
Posted 2/21/2015 8:44 PM (#755369)
Subject: Anyone have/use Mirrocraft Aggressor Boats

Looking at the new Mirrocraft Aggressor boat. Has a better layout for musky fishing and new storage. Has the same hull design as previous Aggressors and was looking to find any feed back from guys that have fished out of the 17' version. Also any comparisons to other similar sized boats. Looking for fishablity and ride comparisons, not just the Lund or Crestliner name brand. Thanks, for any info.
lund guy
Posted 2/22/2015 3:42 AM (#755409 - in reply to #755369)
Subject: Re: Anyone have/use Mirrocraft Aggressor Boats

the fish ability is nice my grandfather bought one a couple years ago and I road in it several times the layout is nice as well however the ride isn't the greatest and they don't plane out to well grandpa had the max hp and experimented with several props but no luck my suggestion is look at other brands if your looking for value in an aluminum boat id highly recommend g3 they have a similar lay out but in my opinion are better built and quality. the other thing when looking at a aluminum boat when it comes to deep v look for reverse chine grandpas mirrocraft did not have it reverse chine helps with both planning and stability G3 has reverse chine they also have a lifetime hull warranty their are a few dealers in WI one is located near whitewater WI their is also one in holmen WI I prefer lund and alumacraft when it comes to aluminum boats however the G3s are a really nice rig and I think you would be happier with the ride of the g3 and the performance of the g3 over the mirrocraft. other wise keep on the look out for a nice used lund or alumacraft or crestliner their are a lot of nice used boats out their that are priced nice lund has a lifetime transferable hull warranty and so dose alumacraft and crestliner as well. grandpa got so tired of the mirrocraft he traded it off on a princecraft witch are also a very nice boat another nice one is polarcraft keep your options open I definitely would not recommend mirrocraft they look nice but the ride sucks no offense good luck hope this helps if push comes to shove wait till spring and tell the dealer you want to go for a ride if you can pick a windy day or less than ideal day to go though you want to make sure you get your moneys worth G3 is similar to lund in layout wise and quality but your not paying for the lund name and price
Lay in a Line
Posted 2/22/2015 12:20 PM (#755497 - in reply to #755369)
Subject: RE: Anyone have/use Mirrocraft Aggressor Boats

I've been more than satisfied with my 1875 Aggressor. I ran this boat for four seasons issue free. I am mainly on Green Bay and it handles rough water with ease, and I normally run with two clients in the boat and a fair amount of gear. There were often positive comments from clients about the ride, comfort and layout of the boat. I had several individuals who fished with me on a regular basis that were interested in buying it from me at the end of this past season and it sold before I even listed it. My 2015 Aggressor is on the way to the dealership.
About four years ago four Mirrocraft employees bought the company from a corporation that owned it. This has allowed for a better quality control and improvements in the manufacturing process as the owners were/are employees and have a deeper commitment to the products and employees.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(small file boat.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments small file boat.jpg (36KB - 182 downloads)
VNO
Posted 2/22/2015 2:38 PM (#755533 - in reply to #755369)

I can confirm the info Lay in a Line is providing. I've spent many an hour in his rig and it has always performed well. The boat handles big water nicely and is great to troll out of. Mirrocraft asked for feedback from their customers and listened. As you've mentioned the updates this year have made it more fishable for casting with improved storage as well. My perceptions of Mirrocraft have been changed due to the positive experiences I've had in this boat. Also mentioned above is the new direction in ownership. This has been key to the reinvigoration of the brand.

My vote in this price range would go to Mirrocraft...
muskymaj
Posted 2/22/2015 3:43 PM (#755541 - in reply to #755369)

I also have fished extensively with Kevin in his Mirrocraft on Green Bay , at tiimes in rough wind and waves. I Have no complaints about his boat. I have been greatly impressed with the quality and construction of his rig. The boat launches and loads easily(more like a boat smaller than it is) ,is stable and steers easily.; Also lots of storage.
I have personally owned multiple boats ( from several leading manufacturers) and would say Mirrocraft stacks up very favorably. I usually fish muskies exclusively after June and cast about 75% of the time. The Mirrocraft rig works great for both casting and trolling Applications, in my experience Ultimately I would go with the boat you feel the safest in and like the most. I thought to add my two cents as I know how confusing but really exciting getting a new boat can be. Congrats on getting a new rig!
hooked
Posted 2/22/2015 7:00 PM (#755576 - in reply to #755369)

Before i got into muskies I had a Dual Impact and loved that hull and was very much impressed with Mirrocrafts customer service. It is my understanding that one of the storage compartments in the new Aggressor is designed to hold 3 Lakewood Musky Juniors.
4reukmuskies
Posted 2/22/2015 7:10 PM (#755580 - in reply to #755369)
Subject: Re: Anyone have/use Mirrocraft Aggressor Boats

I too can attest to what Kevin in saying in regards to Mirrocraft boats. I am not going to lie, I am a good friend of Kevin's and was on the maiden voyage of his first Mirrocraft. However, I have been around boats and fishing my whole life and when Kevin said he was getting a Mirrocraft I must admit I was a bit skeptical. My dad has always had Lund and I had been around Lund and Alumacraft my whole life as I was growing up and truly believed they were the best aluminum boats out there. Then I find a decent deal on a Crestliner 18.5 Fishhawk and I bought that and I am glad it did. My Crestliner is a great boat to fish out of and I have enjoyed it. Needless to say, I have fished out of them all.

Without bias and not just because Kevin and I are friends, if I were in the market for another rig I would certainly not hesitate in purchasing a Mirrocraft boat. Now I only have experience in Kevin's rig, but I have spent countless hours in it on Green Bay and other waters trolling and casting and that boat fishes and handles as well as anything I have fished out of. It gets out of the hole quick and handles rough water with ease. It is a heavier duty rig than my Crestliner Fishhawk and it is without a doubt a much drier ride in rough water. Also, I can honestly say the quality, build and features of Kevin's Mirrocraft are right on par with all other top of the line brands. That comes from someone who was at first quite skeptical of the brand, but now I can honestly say I feel Mirrocraft is a high quality aluminum boat. I cannot speak for earlier models, but it seems Mirrocraft has responded well to all the input they have received. Good luck with you shopping, and don't hesitate when it comes to Mirrocraft, I have not seen or experienced any of the issues Lundguy's grandfather had.

Craig

Edited by 4reukmuskies 2/22/2015 7:16 PM
esox99
Posted 2/22/2015 9:30 PM (#755604 - in reply to #755369)

I bought a new MirroCraft Aggressor 1763 in November 2011. Rigged it with a 115 E-TEC. I've been really pleased with the boat under all conditions. I bought it for fishing big water, especially Lake of the Woods, but it also spends a lot of time on southern reservoirs like Lake of the Ozarks and Pomme de Terre. Have also had it on Green Bay. The wide beam results in a good stable platform for casting and for landing muskies!

The 115 is plenty of power for 2-3 people; on the rare occasions when I add a fourth large adult I wouldn't mind a slightly larger E-TEC. The E-TEC was promoted as being more fuel efficient than my previous Yamaha four-stroke, and it is. I do a lot of Fall muskie trolling with the E-TEC. I can troll from 2.5 to 5 mph; seems like low speed trolling is much smoother if I run alcohol-free gas.

I do a lot of towing and I'm very happy with the custom MirroCraft/Heritage trailer for the way it tracks behind my tow vehicle and because of the ease of loading the boat even when I'm by myself.

Bottom line - after 3 very full seasons of fishing I'm very happy that I bought my MirroCraft.

Kevin Richards, Field Editor, MUSKIE Magazine

Edited by esox99 2/22/2015 9:52 PM