Great Reading, Wisconsin Muskie Management
sworrall
Posted 4/21/2003 12:23 PM (#67554)
Subject: Great Reading, Wisconsin Muskie Management

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/water/fhp/fish/pubs/muskydoc.pdf

Take a look! This is a hot button issue here right now. I am expecting a call from the author this afternoon, and will let you know what I find out overall.

C.Painter
Posted 4/21/2003 12:56 PM (#67557 - in reply to #67554)
Subject: RE: Great Reading, Wisconsin Muskie Management

Wow, some great reading. I was a little floored at the number of muskies havested from class A waters in 2001, I want to say it was 1800 or so. The year and the number may be off. BUT, compared to I think 10 years ago which was like 8000 its pretty good. Again the actual dates and amounts maybe off since I read it quickly, but the magnitude is correct.

Maybe a good guest for a chat!

Cory
sworrall
Posted 4/21/2003 2:30 PM (#67568 - in reply to #67557)

It appears we will be recieving links regularly to new documents and publications regarding Muskie management in Wisconsin from the DNR.

If there are specific muskie management related questions that  require professional answers, I will forward them to the people at the DNR in Madison for reference to the proper online document and publish the link in Jlong's Biology forum and on the main board.

I now have spoken to two DNR Officials, one locally and one in Madison, and would characterize their support of a 50" limit on some added Wisconsin waters as strong.

sworrall
Posted 4/21/2003 6:18 PM (#67600 - in reply to #67568)

TTT

firstsixfeet
Posted 4/21/2003 9:12 PM (#67615 - in reply to #67554)

I wish they would come up with a simpler method to view this. Every time I go to try and get WI DNR stuff, the stupid things are in a download file form. I downloaded this whatever it was and then was not able to read it and when I attempted to reach the file through another route I could not find it, so now it is a lost file. Can you summarize this amazing information? I am interested but for all I know the information is printed in martian. Why can't they come up with a readable form?

PS anybody know where I can find the dang file now?
sworrall
Posted 4/21/2003 11:35 PM (#67632 - in reply to #67615)

The program you need is Adobe Acrobat  Reader 5.0. Check to see if you have that, and if it needs updating. It is  commonly used for large documents like this one, so it's a practical application to have.