Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Abu Garcia Amazing Reel Service!

Message Subject: Abu Garcia Amazing Reel Service!
MikeDircz
Posted 11/26/2014 12:53 PM (#741774)
Subject: Abu Garcia Amazing Reel Service!

I sent in my Abu Garcia NACL 60 for services on Monday 11/24. It was under warranty, purchased new in April 2014. It had the sticking button bar that I have read is a common problem.

I just got a Fedex package today. Shockingly it was a brand new NACL with both handles, some oil AND my original spool of line in the package. 3 business day turnaround from door-to-door. Unheard of! Now that is exceeding customer expectations!

Thanks Abu Garcia. Friends for life!
justgottafish
Posted 11/26/2014 2:38 PM (#741787 - in reply to #741774)
Subject: RE: Abu Garcia Amazing Reel Service!

I have had similar experiences with Abu's reel services. Over the years I have sent several reels back to them while under warranty and they always went to whatever lengths necessary to solve any issues I had.
A couple years ago I sent two of my Revo Toros to their Spirit Lake Center for repair of the thumbar which not engaging/disengaging properly. These reels were out of warranty and had been for quite some time .... I told them they were out of warranty on my note describing what was the issue was. All I had requested was a cost for the repair.
Five days later a box arrives at my door....two brand new reels with the spools from the returned reels in the box.
Not many companies these days will go to those lengths to stand behind one of their products.
wakepics
Posted 11/26/2014 6:10 PM (#741808 - in reply to #741774)
Subject: Re: Abu Garcia Amazing Reel Service!

I had a first generation Veritas rod break at the tip this summer. It was under their 5 year warranty on V series rods so I sent them an email inquiring about what my options were. I got a response back asking for photos of the broken tip, the serial number, and a photo of the receipt. Sent that in and got a follow up with a return authorization # and a phone number to call. Paid the $10 US shipping cost for a replacement rod over the phone, and a couple of days later I had a second generation Veritas on my doorstep. Add another very impressed customer to the list. Great service.
bob1
Posted 11/27/2014 3:42 PM (#741920 - in reply to #741774)

Good to hear that some companies stand behind their products!!

Bob
bigbite
Posted 11/27/2014 7:49 PM (#741956 - in reply to #741920)

Absolutely! That's why Abu Garcia gets my business. Great people, great products.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)