Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: You know muskies don't read books
- (Added by: Raider150)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Oscillating Spindle Sander

Message Subject: Oscillating Spindle Sander
Beaver
Posted 10/29/2014 3:31 AM (#737488)
Subject: Oscillating Spindle Sander

My Mom has one in the basement that my Dad used until he died. She's been after me to use it or sell it. I have never used one. Right now I use a belt/disc sander and it seems to take care of all of my lure making needs. Do any of you use an oscillating spindle sander for your lure work? I took a piece of wood over there and played around with it and I just can't get the feel for doing straight lines or rounding the nose of a lure. It was just OK for making inward curves,but I can't see putting one in my shop because the sander I have now seems to do everything that I need done.
Anybody use one or know of a good use for one in "The Basement"?
Trophyseeker50
Posted 10/29/2014 7:50 AM (#737503 - in reply to #737488)
Subject: Re: Oscillating Spindle Sander

I use one for my baits. It is for inside curves. And it works great for that. I feel like I get much better control on inside curves than using my belt sander. Probably due to the table top. I use a 12" disc sander for everything else
mnmusky
Posted 10/29/2014 10:25 AM (#737527 - in reply to #737488)

X2. Probably my least used sander but they are nice to have. Tools and baits, can you really ever have too many?
Beaver
Posted 10/30/2014 7:12 PM (#737791 - in reply to #737527)

I'll have to try it out on some blanks that didn't make it and see if I can get a feel for it.
Thanks guys.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)