Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: After 3 hours of nothing, Buddy: "hey look, a deer, the fish are going to bite"
- (Added by: Esoxman22)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Soft plastic painting

Message Subject: Soft plastic painting
Chain Gang
Posted 10/20/2014 11:10 PM (#735887)
Subject: Soft plastic painting

Ok I am thinking about giving lure painting a shot. I am thinking I want to so some soft plastics like bull dawgs and such. What type of surface prep do I need to do? Do you clear coat afterwards. Should I buy all white baits to paint? Any help would be great!
musky slut
Posted 10/22/2014 1:27 PM (#736142 - in reply to #735887)
Subject: Re: Soft plastic painting

Call the folks at Spike it . They were air brushing some plastics at the I-Cast show .
genesisperformance
Posted 10/22/2014 8:09 PM (#736207 - in reply to #735887)

i have some spike it paint that wasnt everything i was hoping for colur coat or something, i only use it for tipping tails now, if its not white to begin with i have to dip it 5-6 times and get a white down before i can dip another color, and it seems really thin to do anything other than dip with.. maybe they have some other stuff that works better for air brushing but all i know is that anything you use to paint soft plastic is probably going to be some pretty nasty stuff in terms of fumes and health risks

Edited by genesisperformance 10/22/2014 8:13 PM
Potomac
Posted 10/24/2014 9:54 AM (#736489 - in reply to #735887)

Get a hold of Jeff at ................... [email protected]. He paint plastic lures for a living. Check out his site as well. http://boggscustomlures.blogspot.com/?m=1
bigbite
Posted 10/24/2014 11:23 AM (#736502 - in reply to #736489)

x2 for Jeff! He does really quality work. Be sure and check out all the baits he makes on his web site. They're spectacular!

Edited by bigbite 10/24/2014 11:24 AM
kodiak
Posted 10/27/2014 7:52 AM (#736990 - in reply to #736207)

genesisperformance - 10/22/2014 8:09 PM

i have some spike it paint that wasnt everything i was hoping for colur coat or something, i only use it for tipping tails now, if its not white to begin with i have to dip it 5-6 times and get a white down before i can dip another color, and it seems really thin to do anything other than dip with.. maybe they have some other stuff that works better for air brushing but all i know is that anything you use to paint soft plastic is probably going to be some pretty nasty stuff in terms of fumes and health risks

i agree with josh, dont do it,,,,its bad on equipment and your health.

it plain sucks....if you want a recipe for some paint pm me.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)