Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Vermillon in 2015 Spring Bay

Message Subject: Vermillon in 2015 Spring Bay
Wolf0503
Posted 10/18/2014 12:25 PM (#735515)
Subject: Vermillon in 2015 Spring Bay

How is the camp? the cabins? the boats? anyone know?
Long TIme Lurker
Posted 10/18/2014 1:55 PM (#735526 - in reply to #735515)
Subject: RE: Vermillon in 2015 Spring Bay

Outstanding, Great cabins, great service, and an excellent value. I had my own boat so I didn't use one of the camps but they looks nice and well kept.

Go down a couple forums to the Muskiefirst outings section and you can see pictures of the fish caught and feed back from the people who went to the outings at spring bay.

The outing was my first trip to spring bay, Fourth trip to vermilion and I'm hoping to go back to spring bay twice next year.

Can't go wrong with them.
Wolf0503
Posted 10/19/2014 7:41 AM (#735577 - in reply to #735526)

Anyone else?
erico
Posted 10/19/2014 5:30 PM (#735657 - in reply to #735515)
Subject: Re: Vermillon in 2015 Spring Bay

I've been up to Spring Bay the last 5 years Started out with the Muskie First August outing and have done that and brought my family(wife and 2 kids) up for a separate trips the last 2 years. Why? Steve and Joe are good people who run a great resort. This July, I smoked a trailer bearing on the way up, was without my boat for 3 days. Steve said to use whatever camp boat I wanted and to pay for the gas. Took the sting off of the hassle of dealing with my trailer issue.
The camp boats are fishing boats, not your 16' bench seat boat.
You have your choice of "efficiency" style cabins, whole cottages or rent an entire house on the lake.

I would suggest you look into the Muskie First August Outing in 2015. You cannot beat what you get for the price.

Search the forums, you'll find more info on the outings.
Yooper Padre
Posted 10/21/2014 7:23 AM (#735904 - in reply to #735515)

I've been there twice now and have to say you won't find nicer people anywhere. Cabins are nice, boats are fine. When you set a date, do yourself a favor and book a date with Steve. He grew up on the lake and guides there every day. He'll show you the best current bite and how to fish them.

Fr. K
Medford Fisher
Posted 10/21/2014 3:16 PM (#735964 - in reply to #735515)

How is the camp? the cabins? the boats? anyone know?

Camp: Awesome - couldn't be a more friendly, family-oriented resort. Their willingness to go out of their way to ensure you have a great vacation is second to none.

Cabins: I've been in a few different ones. I don't remember the names, but they were all way more than adequate for anything I needed. The "newer" cabins are spectacular.

Can't speak for the boats at all...never rented one.

If you're looking for any other info, I would just email Steve at SpringBay and he can answer anything you're looking for.

I would highly recommend Spring Bay to anyone looking for a resort on or around Vermilion.

-Jake Bucki
Doug_Kloet
Posted 10/22/2014 8:59 PM (#736235 - in reply to #735515)

Spring Bay Resort is by fair the best resort I have ever stayed at. Cabins are very nice and clean. Steve and Joe will go out of there way to make sure you have everything you need. Also great place to take a family.

Edited by Doug_Kloet 10/22/2014 9:01 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)