Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> New to Musky fishing and this forum

Message Subject: New to Musky fishing and this forum
theDL
Posted 10/16/2014 2:33 PM (#735307)
Subject: New to Musky fishing and this forum

Hello musky-nuts,

I thought I'd put up a post to introduce my self here. I'm on plenty of fishing forums, but am new to musky fishing and was pointed here by a member on another board. This looks like quite a large and active community, I hope to learn a lot. I've been flipping through some threads and clearly there's some excellent musky fishers on here. I'm from south eastern ontario and and have been trying for my first musky on the St Lawrence river around Gananoque for the last 2 years in between pike, bass and walleye fishing. I've heard that it's a great area for 'skis, but I've yet to even have a follow. I don't know that much about targeting musky but if anyone's got any general tips on getting them in the fall on the Larry let me know. I'm not looking for a honey hole, just some pointers on techniques and general types of areas to try. I've been casting and trolling big baits for a while now without a sniff and starting to doubt what I'm going....I'm almost at 10,000 casts though, so I figure I'm due!

Also, nearly all my fishing buddies don't have the gear or patience to target musky so if any one in the area wants a quiet, serious fisherman to fill an empty seat, I'm game anytime!

Cheers!

TheDL
IAJustin
Posted 10/16/2014 2:39 PM (#735308 - in reply to #735307)
Subject: Re: New to Musky fishing and this forum

run run...you don't want to catch one!!!! You will spend more money and time than you ever imagined! Welcome aboard, I wish I could change locations with you, grab a guide for a day it will be the best money you could spend right now. Good luck!
bucknuts
Posted 10/16/2014 5:40 PM (#735325 - in reply to #735307)
Subject: RE: New to Musky fishing and this forum

IAJustin hit it on the head!
Get a guide, best money spent in muskie fishing...period!
I stumbled around the Big V, for a year, before I hired my first guide. I learned more in one day, than I learned in more than a year. I hired another guide, a couple of years later, and learned a ton more!!!

sworrall
Posted 10/16/2014 7:29 PM (#735336 - in reply to #735307)

Welcome to the madness!
Ross K
Posted 10/22/2014 7:13 AM (#736067 - in reply to #735307)

Yes, Welcome!! It's great....just plain great fish!! Keep after it, you'll get bit....several times! They are not a mythical creature. Lots of very good anglers on this site.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)