Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Western WI (Polk County)

Message Subject: Western WI (Polk County)
short STRIKE
Posted 9/30/2014 12:27 PM (#732605)
Subject: Western WI (Polk County)

Finally have a break in the schedule to fish hard for 3 days Fri. - Sun. will be staying on the Blakes (little and big) at a buddies shack, but a good guide once told me that a boat is sold with a trailer for a reason.... The weather change should be a positive for us in my simplistic mind, but anybody hear of anything going on the surrounding bodies of water, Apple, Deer, Bone, Round? guys shack we are staying at is on a 2 year drought, hoping to help him out and earn my keep at the cabin... Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.
asteffes
Posted 9/30/2014 1:19 PM (#732615 - in reply to #732605)
Subject: RE: Western WI (Polk County)

Almost impossible not to get some strikes in 3 days at the Apple, Blake, Bone, or Deer, Especially this time of year if you drag suckers. I would start with Blake since you are right there. You can fish the whole thing in a half-day. I would throw topwater in the shallows up by the creek connect little/big blake together during low light in the early morning or late evenings and then work the weed edges with suckers, jerkbaits, bucktails during the day. If you don't find any fish moving, I would head to the Apple River. IMHO, the river has went downhill the past 3 years, but it is still worth a shot, especially with suckers. It can get pretty weed choked in areas, but if you focus in the main channel areas about 8-10 ft along the edges, you should find fish. I would focus your efforts north of the launch to the second bridge/overpass. Can't go wrong with Bone or Deer either.
Jacko
Posted 10/1/2014 8:01 AM (#732748 - in reply to #732605)

I have had a tough time in the fall on the apple. I would agree is has gone down
As a fishery in the last couple years. Not sure why, just
Have less action there than we used to. I would hit Bone. Great fall
Lake and some big ones. We split the lake into three sections north to south
And try to focus on one at a time. Around the islands are good, shoot me a pm
If need more help.
short STRIKE
Posted 10/2/2014 12:33 PM (#732971 - in reply to #732748)

Thanks Fellas,

looks like we are going to fish blake first, and bounce around thereafter..... might have to go pound little with the wind forecast being the way it is... my aluminum boat isn't the greatest in 25 - 30 MPH gusts.
short STRIKE
Posted 10/4/2014 12:17 AM (#733211 - in reply to #732971)

1/2" of snow in the boat right now. Nothing to show for the day. Calling it quits.
Huss Nasty
Posted 10/7/2014 8:53 AM (#733757 - in reply to #732605)
Subject: Re: Western WI (Polk County)

What were the water temps?
Moltisanti
Posted 10/7/2014 10:43 AM (#733795 - in reply to #732605)

I did a little lake hopping on Friday. Temps were 59-61 on Cedar and around 55 on Apple. Caught one 38" on a sucker but otherwise very slow fishing. Wind was brutal.
Huss Nasty
Posted 10/7/2014 10:57 AM (#733801 - in reply to #732605)

Thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)