Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly
- (Added by: ToothyCritter)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Marabou dye

Message Subject: Marabou dye
joelo7
Posted 9/27/2014 3:51 PM (#732118)
Subject: Marabou dye

Wondering what you guys use to color marabou. I have a blue bucktail, that i would love to make black. Thinking its prob fairly simple, just dont know what to buy to dye it.
thanks
Joe
FISHFINDER101
Posted 9/29/2014 8:16 AM (#732329 - in reply to #732118)
Subject: RE: Marabou dye

I think you would be better off just making a black skirt and would be more time/cost effective.
jakejusa
Posted 10/2/2014 4:09 PM (#733014 - in reply to #732118)

A long time ago in a place far away, several guys decided that if we shot the deer, saved the tails and dyed them we could eat venison and tie bucktails all winter. It was sound as rain on paper. I suggest that you go ahead and buy a black tail, let the guys with the long gloves do the dying and drying.
FISHFINDER101
Posted 10/2/2014 4:12 PM (#733015 - in reply to #733014)

I still use my own deertails if there nice, but i havent dyed any to date. I clean them with dawn dish soap, rinse, let dry and pour borax over them and let sit for a couple weeks and they work for me as long as i keep them dry. Actually any of the white bucktail on my tails are from deer i've shot or have given to me. One day if i get enough i might actually start dying my own, would love to get some colors that nobody else is using.
Musky Glenn
Posted 10/2/2014 7:40 PM (#733051 - in reply to #732118)
Subject: Re: Marabou dye

I have had good results by dying in Ritz Clothes dye. I used the powder type. I tied the jig with white hair, put clear finger nail polish on the threads and head. Put the jigs in a pan of hot water added the dye and brought the pan to a rolling boil. Let cool and rinse in clear cold water and the dye stayed on the hair and finger nail polish. Musky Glenn
joelo7
Posted 10/3/2014 8:15 AM (#733104 - in reply to #733051)
Subject: Re: Marabou dye

thanks for the replies. One of the guys in my club also recommended Ritz. I will give it a try. thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)