Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> White Iron Lake near Ely, MN (non-musky post)

Message Subject: White Iron Lake near Ely, MN (non-musky post)
ErockEsox
Posted 9/18/2014 3:07 PM (#730685)
Subject: White Iron Lake near Ely, MN (non-musky post)

I'm heading up to White Iron to a friends cabin the first weekend of October and was hoping I could help them catch some walleye/crappie and because they usually get skunked, the pressure is on me to produce some results. Anyone fished up there? Any tips would be greatly appreciated... That said, I think the best tip is probably to tell them to go out for a walleye dinner while I go fish muskie on Vermillion...

Thanks!
Top H2O
Posted 9/18/2014 10:52 PM (#730792 - in reply to #730685)
Subject: RE: White Iron Lake near Ely, MN (non-musky post)

Walleye on Vermilion are Biting...Hint,Hint,,,
Cedar
Posted 9/19/2014 1:14 AM (#730805 - in reply to #730685)

I stay at a friends cabin on White Iron about the 3rd week in October, Grouse hunting with buddies. Catch Walleye casting off of the dock in 3'-8' of water most mornings just before to just after sunrise. They are hanging around in sparse weeds on a sand/rock bottom. Have the done best with Twister tail jigs (yellow or white), nightcrawlers, and bigger Mepps minnow spinners. Want to try Leeches some time. I think they would work there. Good luck.
jakejusa
Posted 9/19/2014 11:09 AM (#730874 - in reply to #730685)

I feel the lake fishes hard. It has the fish but not in great populations. More eyes than anything I think. Have caught & RELEASED some very nice fish out of W.I. but they are not an uneducated club. I think the harvest rate on that lake has allot to do with the overall catches. It would take me two secs & I'd be Big V bound brother.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)