Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Metro lake access restricted hours. Need your help!!

Message Subject: Metro lake access restricted hours. Need your help!!
kap
Posted 9/12/2014 8:26 PM (#729879 - in reply to #729451)
Subject: Re: Metro lake access restricted hours. Need your help!!

i could learn to live with set lake restrictions, i all ready do that with fish limits, as population grows so do restrictions
just look at at the traffic lights on our roadways'

I however would be in support of wash stations at all accesses public and private and of course a raise in license fee to cover costs

Edited by kap 9/12/2014 8:28 PM
raftman
Posted 9/12/2014 9:30 PM (#729884 - in reply to #729644)
Subject: Re: Metro lake access restricted hours. Need your help!!

dami0101 - 9/11/2014 10:07 AM
Once again, I ask, is it your position then that nothing should be done to try and stop/slow down the spread of AIS?

Is it wrong to answer yes to this question? Short of drastically changing the shipping industry or researchers coming up w/ a magical solution, nothing is going to "stop" AIS. The former will never happen w/ the financial/economical implications and the latter seems unlikely. A position that you want to "slow" the spread is an admission that regardless of efforts, spread is very likely. If that's the case, how much money and personal freedoms does that need to cost Joe Taxpayer?

I understand the government needs to do something that makes themselves and the public feel good. If they want to educate the public w/ billboards and commercials, fine. Put inspectors at landings, okay. But putting gates up and limiting access is a slippery slope that ends in denying access.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)