Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits" -Albert Einstein
- (Added by: bulldawg101)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Grunt Jitterbug

Message Subject: Grunt Jitterbug
Gringo Loco
Posted 9/5/2014 1:07 PM (#728776)
Subject: Grunt Jitterbug

A Grunt with a Jitterbug lip, 16+ inches in copper foil and paint.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(DSCN1399.JPG)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(DSCN1400.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN1399.JPG (42KB - 126 downloads)
Attachments DSCN1400.JPG (47KB - 124 downloads)
nathan
Posted 9/5/2014 1:56 PM (#728785 - in reply to #728776)
Subject: Re: Grunt Jitterbug

How does it run?..Nathan
Gringo Loco
Posted 9/5/2014 6:59 PM (#728817 - in reply to #728785)

Right now Moses Lake is turning over and the algae mat on the surface precludes visibility beyond about 2". Once the lake clears up I'll be able to test it at various speeds and see if it's a bomb or a beauty. I just stuck that lip on it out of curiosity. Some of the lures work, others become kindling.
Tackle Industries
Posted 9/7/2014 11:32 AM (#728982 - in reply to #728776)

Love what you do with my Grunt bodies Gary!

Everyone, Gary has also painted a lot of other lure bodies for Tackle Industries. Over the past few years Gary has helped us raise probably $500 extra for Veterans and Children's charities by painting Grunts and Mag Shads for the musky shows. Great guy and some very very unique paint jobs. Wait until you see what he did for TI for the 2015 musky shows Thank you Gary and again, great looking bait here! If it does not work you better now burn it That would look great on your cabin wall as fishing art!!
James

PS-If anyone else likes the paint we have about 2000 unpainted Grunts, Mag Shads, Super Ciscos, Sea cow and calf, Dingso and Nokkens. Great fun for winter projects and if you have kids, they will love painting them up too. I give everyone on M1 site special prices on unpainted blanks. just email me [email protected] Plus if you want to do what Gary and I do with each other that is great too. In short, I trade Gary blanks for painting. I may send him 8 lures and he paints up 3 or 4 for me and sends them back and keeps the rest for him and his buddies to play with. We then take them to the musky shows as custom painted lures and the proceeds go to our various charities.
newmuskyz
Posted 9/8/2014 5:29 AM (#729097 - in reply to #728982)

Gary you do great work! Hope that thing runs. It sure does look cool!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)