Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Marcell MN. Area Motel or Bemiji recommendations for Musky fishermen

Message Subject: Marcell MN. Area Motel or Bemiji recommendations for Musky fishermen
goose
Posted 8/21/2014 1:18 PM (#726517)
Subject: Marcell MN. Area Motel or Bemiji recommendations for Musky fishermen

Hey guys, My buddy and I have never fished the smaller Northern Minnesota lakes before spending most our time in northern Wisco. We want to try some new water and hopefully battle some of this 50" Musky that northern Minn has been know for. Does anyone out there have a recommendation on a clean, musky fisherman friendly motel that would be close to trophy waters. We are not committed to any location as of yet cause we know nothing about the area. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks you and tight lines…Dan
Pointerpride102
Posted 8/21/2014 1:21 PM (#726518 - in reply to #726517)
Subject: Re: Marcell MN. Area Motel or Bemiji recommendations for Musky fishermen

Doubletree in Bemidji, right on the access. Great, clean hotel.
goose
Posted 8/21/2014 2:02 PM (#726523 - in reply to #726517)
Subject: RE: Marcell MN. Area Motel or Bemiji recommendations for Musky fishermen

Thanks for the suggestion Pointer, but I don/t think the Double tree is our style. Any other smaller motels/hotels out there in the 60 dollar range???
Pointerpride102
Posted 8/21/2014 2:56 PM (#726533 - in reply to #726517)
Subject: Re: Marcell MN. Area Motel or Bemiji recommendations for Musky fishermen

The AmericInn in Bemidji is also decent but it may not be quite as low as $60/night. They do have a solid breakfast for free.

There was a thread on here about campgrounds in the area you might search for as well.
Nershi
Posted 8/21/2014 3:38 PM (#726542 - in reply to #726517)

Gosh Dam Place. It is on the east side of Winnie off Hwy 46. Restaurant and bar attached to the motel. Nothing special by any means but it is clean and the cheapest the last time I checked. If you are going to arrive after the bar is closed make sure you call and have them leave the room open because there is no office.
brmusky
Posted 8/22/2014 8:20 AM (#726613 - in reply to #726517)

Camping cabins at Lake Bemidji State Park are about $55-$60 per night. I don't think you will find a motel room anywhere in Bemidji for less than $90.
You could check out Taber's cabins next to Taber's bait shop - not sure how much they are.

You have read the articles that detail the story about the musky fishery on Lake Bemidji right? The numbers are way down and it is very tough. There are still a bunch of really big fish but the numbers are getting less and less every year. From my experience you might not even see a fish out there right now... or you could catch the fish of your dreams. All or nothing out there.
Nershi
Posted 8/22/2014 9:20 AM (#726618 - in reply to #726517)

Did goose say he was planning to fish Bemidji? You have a lot of options in that general area for big fish waters.
Seilers
Posted 8/22/2014 6:56 PM (#726701 - in reply to #726618)

Timberwolf in Marcell is $70
Richies Marcell Inn is significantly cheaper
goose
Posted 8/24/2014 12:31 PM (#726851 - in reply to #726517)

Thanks guys for all the advice…looks like Marcell Inn it is. Any lakes in the area you guys like to fish around that area?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)