Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Cisco Chain Mid October

Message Subject: Cisco Chain Mid October
Jeremy66
Posted 8/14/2014 9:47 AM (#725466)
Subject: Cisco Chain Mid October

I will be heading up to the Cisco Chain in Mid October for a week, staying on Thousand Island. Have been up there several times but always in July or August. We will be targeting musky, smallmouth, walleye, and possibly perch. Seems like most all these fish SHOULD be located around deep rocks this time of year, or maybe im wrong?

Any tips on any specific lure types, color, location, depth will be appreciated. Thanks
vegas492
Posted 8/14/2014 12:35 PM (#725503 - in reply to #725466)
Subject: RE: Cisco Chain Mid October

If you know when you will be up there in the fall, call either Bruce Becker or Rob Manthei (guides) and have them get you on fish and spots right away early in your week. Then re-fish those spots the rest of the week and you should be loving the results.
kdawg
Posted 8/19/2014 5:05 PM (#726272 - in reply to #725503)
Subject: RE: Cisco Chain Mid October

Thousand Island Lake in mid October, awesome! Wish I could sign up for that one. Deep rock bars at that time. Big plastics, a MANTA HANG TEN, and that new Phantom Hard Head would all be in my tackle box for that trip. Kdawg
Mr Musky
Posted 8/20/2014 12:05 PM (#726342 - in reply to #725466)
Subject: Re: Cisco Chain Mid October

Fished it hard last year for a day mid/late Oct and we didn't see much.
kdawg
Posted 8/21/2014 4:20 PM (#726551 - in reply to #726342)

Your not supposed to see much, Thousand Island is a low number/big fish lake. If you do see a fish, it will be a big one. Stocking only occurs on the Wi. side of the chain. Kdawg
krunchbait
Posted 9/2/2014 10:28 PM (#728344 - in reply to #725466)

October on the Chain? That will always make me smile because I refer to it as muskie "Grad School", uncomfortable at best and every minute a challenge. Most I'll say is that: "if it's calm & nice, you toss the dice, but when winds are howling, big girls are prowling". Certainly, an awakening moment for me with this sublime obsession.

Edited by krunchbait 9/2/2014 10:59 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)