Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> needing coast guard help

Message Subject: needing coast guard help
yooper
Posted 7/26/2014 10:46 PM (#722649)
Subject: needing coast guard help

This afternoon was crazy. My wife , six yr old son, and myself went to wi point in the Duluth/superior area. Planned to leave and cook burgers on the grill and then fish the st Louis river. A boat was coming down the lake superior shoreline and hit a railroad tie that was just under the surface and stuck in the stern drive. The boat went side ways throwing three kids into the water. The boat was inches from going over. I was in the water within seconds and yelling to my wife to call 911. Half way out to the boat I was yelling to them. I could hear that they are ok but our boat is sinking. I yell back to my wife who is talking to 911. It's a long way for local response but they showed up first. It took the coast guard at least 45 min to show up. I know I could run in 10 to15 min. When they did show up they sat out about 200 yards. Local news showed the coast guard towing the boat. The boat had about two feet of water in it.

There was another local guy in water and couldnt believe it took them so long to respond. Being a fishing guide and needing a coast guard license
...........?

Edited by yooper 7/27/2014 12:16 AM
Cjmj81bass
Posted 7/27/2014 9:43 AM (#722670 - in reply to #722649)
Subject: Re: needing coast guard help

That is a crazy day yooper. Just glad everybody was ok and yes that seems like a long time for them to respond.
sworrall
Posted 7/27/2014 10:52 AM (#722675 - in reply to #722649)

That's a local 'first responder' call more than USCG.
Dafterzip
Posted 7/27/2014 8:25 PM (#722734 - in reply to #722649)

They may have been in the middle of another case at the same time, many other factors to consider. Glad everyone was ok.

Edited by Dafterzip 7/27/2014 8:27 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)