Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Fishing Map Help

Message Subject: Fishing Map Help
Ohio Musky Hunter
Posted 7/20/2014 9:09 PM (#721562)
Subject: Fishing Map Help

I will be fishing a small lake up on the west end of Lake Nipeeing called Bear Lake. I've been searching the internet the past month looking for a good fishing map of the lake. Does anyone have a map of the lake or know of a good website to get one. The best I can do right now is to just use google maps to least get the coast line. Thanks in advance for any assistance. I haven't been able to seriously hunt for muskies for about 8 years now (due to starting a family), but excited about our trip up north to pursue them again.
-Matt
JLR
Posted 7/20/2014 9:53 PM (#721566 - in reply to #721562)
Subject: RE: Fishing Map Help

Try the Navionics weapp. It's awesome.

http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en 

kirth
Posted 7/28/2014 9:13 AM (#722777 - in reply to #721566)

Yes start with the web app to preview the lake, the mobile app for is pretty nice feature for a phone or ipad, you can download an area and if you have cell coverage or use the internal gps if equipped. Another idea is if you plan on making this an anuall event you could log sonar and upload it to Navionics and they will create a map in 1' contours.

What sonar do you have? If you can run the Nav + chip get that one, you can have Canada and the US lakes on one chip.

http://www.navionics.com/en/sonarcharts
http://www.navionics.com/en/plotter-tutorial
Hank III
Posted 7/28/2014 12:29 PM (#722816 - in reply to #721562)
Subject: Re: Fishing Map Help

I sent you a PM with a site that might work for you good luck
Ohio Musky Hunter
Posted 7/31/2014 8:43 AM (#723511 - in reply to #721562)

Thanks for the replys. Since there is no detailed map available for Bear Lake, I'm trying to make my own using zoomed in google map images so that I can get a detailed view of the coast line and major structure that is visible from the areal image. The problem is that I can only get a portion of the lake in one image. I tried copying each section of the lake and then putting them together like puzzle pieces. I've tried putting the "puzzle" together using both Excel and Visio, but its not turning out that great. My hope is to them take the completed puzzle to kinko's or something and get make a large, high resolution, lamintaed color print to have on our fishing trip.
Am I going about this in the right way or is there an easier way to get the full zoomed images onto one map for printing?
-Thanks again
Matt
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)