Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I ask you once again sir,please have your son stop throwing tater tots at me while im driving the boat"
- (Added by: 7Islands)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Getting better.... tips/advice?

Message Subject: Getting better.... tips/advice?
Nell
Posted 7/13/2014 4:46 PM (#720533)
Subject: Getting better.... tips/advice?

My husband started making lures a year or two ago.... progressed from spinners, quickly to wood hard body, and now plastic. We have caught a couple on each style lure and are super happy with the way the plastic holds up to bigger fish (wood ones did too but more nicks from teeth hook etc.). We started our own shop and a Facebook site, started with some new packaging and protecting the hooks. Super super excited about our newest design it is causing the fish to be very aggressive and quickly turned to our go to lure...I think it will go places. ONE issue... on a couple the paint with time chips off.... not to bad bad we are anal about quality and I think all the lures are good but this one.... ummmm ummm before really pushing it out there and seeing we want it QUALITY!

Advice on any the above and what paints are best on plastic.. only clear coated once... would thicker clear coat be better?
Landonfish
Posted 7/14/2014 5:56 AM (#720592 - in reply to #720533)
Subject: Re: Getting better.... tips/advice?

Most guys do put multiple clear coats on.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)