Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Terrova I Pilot Link

Reply New post
Message Subject: Terrova I Pilot Link
muskyjim
Posted 4/24/2014 10:32 AM (#708544)
Subject: Terrova I Pilot Link

I am curious how people like the Link option. Looking at buying a new terrova and not sure if it is worth getting Link. I understand that it will follow map contour, but how good is it? I have seen position errors of over 200' on GPS, which I would expect that would cause significant issues. Also, I have found that map chips are just not that accurate in many cases. Has Minn Kota found a way to deal with this?

Thanks.
muskyhunter47
Posted 4/24/2014 11:40 AM (#708559 - in reply to #708544)
Subject: Re: Terrova I Pilot Link

Your right there are errs. But i sure do like it
samuwenn
Posted 4/24/2014 11:42 AM (#708560 - in reply to #708544)

You also need a humminbird and a lakemaster brand chip, if you have that chip and the contours are off that much I can only assume that they will take your boat rite off of where you intend to be other benefits are the ability to choose spot locks on your graph and store 3000 spots instead of 6, also when your map is far off but when you know your lake you can make a trail using as few as 2 points or a lot of points to make any desired path for your zig zag trolling pattern

Edited by samuwenn 4/24/2014 11:50 AM
muskyjim
Posted 4/24/2014 12:24 PM (#708573 - in reply to #708560)

Samuwenn, are you making the trails on the humminbird or on the handheld unit?

Seems like a great technology to have, especially when casting away at a weed line.
samuwenn
Posted 4/25/2014 12:02 AM (#708721 - in reply to #708544)

i have made about 15 trails to go around my favorite 4 lakes, using only i ipilot, witch means i have lost some and will need to retrace them that being on my old boat and only a IPIILOT (dads boat and OUR troller) i have since bought the new link and a 959 for my boat and have not used it yet, it is verry easy to record with just a IPILOT once you figure out the remote took maybe 20 minutes to fully understand,

REC>>>A,,, A beep, start fishing trying to drive exactly where you want your trail, and push REC. to stop recording or pause to pause for a while but try yourbest to be rite where you want to be because your trail will shoot a straight line from paused spot to current spot, here is a idea for you put the troller in the working position and drive at 3 mph with the outboard 30 fett off your weed bed and record your track like that and your trail should be a bit straighter
samuwenn
Posted 4/25/2014 12:08 AM (#708722 - in reply to #708544)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lr1iMqCxTU
link used by way points

just keep watching youtube to see how normal ipilot works and the follow a conture feature in the LINK system i love the conture offset, like say 30'rite of 14' haha and the LAKEMASTER chips in humming birds has other features like water level offset and target depth highlight ectra.....
samuwenn
Posted 4/25/2014 12:12 AM (#708723 - in reply to #708544)

959 bird up front, the larger the map portion is the easyer and faster to see where your at, get the biggest screen you can afford, i sugest either the ELITE 7 or 859 humminbird, have used 2 elite 7's on my dads boat there nice. now when it comes to gps chips i am thrilled with the features that LAKEMASTER has in there chips, like shallow water highlight and target depth highlight, here is why i love the idea so much. my lakes have huge flats running hundreds of yards off shore to 7 feet deep and then varrying amounts of slope from 3 feet depth gain in 50 feet to 20+ feet in 20 feet. weeds growing from 8' to 16' so here is my set up to make it easy to understand at a glance, "red" shallow water highlight <7' and target depth of 12' + - 4' either side of 12 foot conture. so i will have red then "clear" at some space either (wide or skinny)((shows me slope)) then green showing me where the normal weeds are located also showing me the slope based on how wide it is.. picture for imagining my madness

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(55.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 55.png (135KB - 159 downloads)
muskyjim
Posted 4/25/2014 10:47 AM (#708759 - in reply to #708723)

Thanks for the info. It seems like there are ways to get around the concerns and make it work well. It is really a nice technology that should help any fisher person.
hunter
Posted 5/7/2014 11:26 PM (#710625 - in reply to #708544)

This is such a new level of fishing. It's like going from your grandpa's casting reels to what were using today!
Just linked up! It's incredible!
The only thing Hummingbird could improve on is dropping icons as i hate spending time labeling or converting back to an icon.
That the only reason my x112 is still in the boat!
I might not be doing something wrong but I doubt it, because as a guy i read all the instructions and manuals twice!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)