Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Any lures similar to the krave jr?

Message Subject: Any lures similar to the krave jr?
Wood_Duck
Posted 4/23/2014 4:00 PM (#708382)
Subject: Any lures similar to the krave jr?

Bought a krave jr the other week and was amazed at what great action it had and how good it looked. Very shortly into the day it smacked into something and the whole bill snapped off. It didn't hit very hard and it left me pretty upset to have such a fragile lure so I'm looking for some similar lures of good quality if any exist.
muskiewhored
Posted 4/23/2014 9:41 PM (#708460 - in reply to #708382)
Subject: Re: Any lures similar to the krave jr that aren't junk?

Some baits are not made to "smack into something", I wouldn't consider this completely the lures fault or quality. Contact the manufacture or buy another if you were amazed by it and stay away from "somethings" you'll be fine. Good luck
mecoltin123
Posted 4/23/2014 9:58 PM (#708469 - in reply to #708382)

I'm a huge believer of the krave jr. Have a box full of em and haven't had any break on me and I smack em off the dams trying to get as close as possible to the turbines where I fish. Sure they scratch up but I haven't broke one and have quite a few muskies and some real nice pike on em. I'd give musky armor a call and I'd bet they'd be willing to replace it. They do have a great action to em. One of my favorite spring baits.
Wood_Duck
Posted 4/23/2014 10:41 PM (#708478 - in reply to #708382)

I realize they may not be made to smack things, but it's going to happen if you fish near any banks, dams, etc and it wasnt a head on crash, it hit sideways. And I've smacked the snot out of bridge pillars, rocks, etc with jakes, invaders, suicks, and everything else under the sun with nothing more than cosmetic damage. I messaged them saturday but still havent heard a reply. The way it broke, I would expect a replacement honestly and if they do come through and will stand behind them I'd be happy to order abunch more along with some more krusher jrs. I'm giving them a little time though, as I'm not sure how busy they are and may have to call, but I in no way mean to bash them with this thread, but i am looking for alternatives.
Trophyseeker50
Posted 4/23/2014 11:45 PM (#708492 - in reply to #708382)

I have run these baits for countless hours tolling and haven't had any issues. Also have used that bait to specifically cast and bounce off a rock pile. Dinged up but that normal.
jano
Posted 4/24/2014 8:28 AM (#708516 - in reply to #708382)

i have seen enough after just only 5 min of trolling.this lure is not for me
ShutUpNFish
Posted 4/24/2014 8:36 AM (#708519 - in reply to #708382)

Something I think everyone should keep in mind is that NO bait on the market is indestructible. And you cannot judge an entire line of baits by just one incident. You may have simply caught a rock or hard piece of structure just right and the lure broke...Thats life. Most baits require some or a lot of hand crafting, human error is always going to be a consideration and I have not met a perfect human yet! I am not perfect and not ALL my baits are perfect, but I had a guy try to judge all of my baits based on one experience. Totally unfair, especially when the approach was an attempt to bash or down talk a bait before contacting the producer and giving him a chance to right a wrong. I personally think it was a bugus attempt to make me look bad....Anyway...

We fish for the most ferocious predator that lives in fresh water and they cause a lot of damage to any lure. Muskie fishermen are among the most aggressive fishermen too, we fish structure and often times bump bottom, hit rocks and stumps in attempts to attract these fish to hit. I have even made lips from aluminum and they even break at times in the right situation.

All that said, I have used the smaller Krave Jr. before and they are an injection molded...Thats about as durable as it gets really. They are good baits that require some tuning, but once tuned in can and will catch fish. There aren't many cranks on the market today that require some tuning out of the box to be high speed trolled. Give them a real true chance and if you're still having an issue, please do the manufacturer the respect to contact them first before creating a post on an open forum for millions to see claiming "junk"

Paul Fec
millsie
Posted 4/24/2014 10:09 AM (#708538 - in reply to #708382)
Subject: Re: Any lures similar to the krave jr?

I really don't understand how people can want a replacement for something that broke will being used.
Brozz88
Posted 4/24/2014 2:32 PM (#708612 - in reply to #708538)

^^^ miss-used. I think there made to catch fish not beat rocks, right?
Wood_Duck
Posted 4/24/2014 3:15 PM (#708621 - in reply to #708612)

Brozz88 - 4/24/2014 3:32 PM

^^^ miss-used. I think there made to catch fish not beat rocks, right?

And fish live around rocks.
Trophyseeker50
Posted 4/24/2014 3:53 PM (#708633 - in reply to #708382)

Well said Paul. Two of my favorite baits are grandmas and shallow invaders. I have broken both bangin into rocks and or bridge pilings. My fault.
figure8out
Posted 4/24/2014 4:10 PM (#708637 - in reply to #708382)

I have broken lips off these baits also. Rocks, I have seen this happen to other lures as well. A thick patch of weeds, not again, I would have to 2nd jano, not for me. If ya gotta bounce rocks, which can be a trigger for those of you who dont know, depth raiders will last longer,but all lures will break eventually, try metal lipped baits, reefdiggers, ojibwa minnows, sharks, cisco kids.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)