Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Swap meet lures

Message Subject: Swap meet lures
msky3
Posted 1/6/2014 9:22 AM (#682841)
Subject: Swap meet lures

I have been going to the swap meet since day 1 at the Irish Pub Bar and have picked up a lot of nice lures. My 3 fishing buddies and I have bought several Jakes over the years and about40 percent fill up with water and sink. We ask them do they sink and get the standard answer No they work great. I know you drill them out fill with foam and they work fine but I have enough foamed lures and prefer the rattles. I pick up one last year and it was full of water told him and he acted like he didn't know. Here is a pic of the 3 I bought last year and all three sink....you guys know who you are. Let the games begin

side note...don't sell sinking Depth Raiders as floaters

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_4992_1_1_1.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_4992_1_1_1.JPG (116KB - 146 downloads)
horsehunter
Posted 1/6/2014 10:05 AM (#682845 - in reply to #682841)
Subject: Re: Swap meet lures

Surely you don't expect to go to a swap meet and find guys selling their most productive and favourite lures. A lot of the Jakes I have purchased recently have had voids around the hook hangers so I carefully examine and epoxy before they see water. I'm sure Drifter would exchange them but Canadian postage would be more than the lure is worth.

Spendy but I think I will try Hosedaddies , I have had good success on Shawn's other lures

Edited by horsehunter 1/6/2014 10:09 AM
Slamr
Posted 1/6/2014 10:12 AM (#682846 - in reply to #682845)

you guys know who you are. Let the games begin

let me get this straight: you bought discount lures at a swap meet...some worked, some didnt, and a few you bought that you bought something other than what YOU thought they were (sinking drs)...and you're upset now? I get that you might be upset but it is a swap meet, right?
msky3
Posted 1/6/2014 10:43 AM (#682853 - in reply to #682841)

You are correct its a swap meet and I'm not mad I just think its funny how people can look at you and say they don't sink and they do. Also I have never bought a sinking DR thinking it was a floater but know people that have.
ESOX Maniac
Posted 1/6/2014 10:50 AM (#682854 - in reply to #682841)

Spot on, Slamr.
msky3 - Most manufacturer's including Drifter will stand behind their products, and quickly move to correct any manufacturing issues, including replacements for customers, but not if you buy them used or they are heavily used. The top one looks like its been modified. Some guy's tweek their lures so they suspend or sink or to change the action, some even use oil versus water. Follow horsehunter's advice.............. carefully examine any muskie lure you purchase. My advice - figure out why they're sinking and fix them or take'm to the swap & swap'em!

Slamr- Maybe a test bucket or small cooler/tank to check buoyancy would be a nicety at the swap's?

Have fun!
Al
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)