Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Boat trailer registering in Kentucky.

Reply New post
Message Subject: Boat trailer registering in Kentucky.
Turkeyt
Posted 7/17/2013 8:07 PM (#652311)
Subject: Boat trailer registering in Kentucky.

Looking at a boat and trailer from Kentucky. Boat has title and trailer does not. I have always thought that boat trailers in Ky. did not need to be titled or registered as long as they were used in state. My state says that Kentucky is a trailer with title state and needs a title to be transferred to my state. Anyone out there with any comments or facts so I can pursue this boat. Thanks Guys
fsf
Posted 7/18/2013 6:23 AM (#652367 - in reply to #652311)
Subject: RE: Boat trailer registering in Kentucky.

KY does not require trailer registration for boat trailers. Had 3. No titles.

I think you CAN register them, but there is no requirement to register them.
Junkman
Posted 7/18/2013 7:38 AM (#652376 - in reply to #652367)

I think what matters most is "where" you are likely to be with the boat and what the laws are in that particular place. As in most other instances, you don't want to find yourself arguing with law enforcement when you want to be fishing instead. You "being right" in those cases tends to result in very little satisfaction. In Wisconsin, it is usually the second axle on a trailer that generates interest in a licence plate on the trailer, but I think actual weight is the technical issue even if there is only one axle. Mostly, you just want to conform to your local regulations, and if you are going to be a multi-state traveler...you will likely benefit from having a plate on the trailer and letting the Trooper argue with some other guy!
Turkeyt
Posted 7/18/2013 2:13 PM (#652471 - in reply to #652311)
Subject: Re: Boat trailer registering in Kentucky.

Well, just finally got through to Kentucky DMV and got this info. In 2000, Ky. started titling boat trailers for the reason that other states wanted Ky. titles for Ky. trailers sold or brought into that state. Here is the kicker?? Ky. DMV says that you don't have to register your trailer, but to get a title and plates, you have to register your trailer. Come on now!!! Oops, sorry, that's the government at work.

Edited by Turkeyt 7/18/2013 2:15 PM
ronmelancon
Posted 7/19/2013 2:45 PM (#652658 - in reply to #652471)

The trailer is most likely stolen.....In Kentucky no registration for trailers...and you need to know that we at www.dangeroustrailers.org have made your police know that people are stealing trailers and selling them. If you can't prove it is not stolen don't buy it. It is a felony.
ronmelancon
Posted 7/19/2013 2:48 PM (#652659 - in reply to #652311)

google...dangerous trailers.org how to steal a trailer.....
Turkeyt
Posted 7/19/2013 3:07 PM (#652665 - in reply to #652659)

ronmelancon - 7/19/2013 3:48 PM

google...dangerous trailers.org how to steal a trailer.....

Thanks very much
ronmelancon
Posted 7/22/2013 9:36 AM (#652986 - in reply to #652311)

Every one of you should be investigated for theft. Did you know that 12 States have no registration for stolen trailers? This boat trailer was somebody's and it is stolen. How would you feel if someone stole your trailer? Somebody will most likely ban me from exposing the truth...but this is not right. GOOGLE...dangeroustrailers.org how to steal a trailer....and know that don't come to us when someone steals your trailer. You deserve to get what you tell others to do.
Yes......in 10 states you can drive a trailer and not have ANY identification on it!!!!!!

It is like a person shooting a missle at your car on the highway.

An unregistered, unispected and homemade trailer is terror on the highway.

Here are the families.........only our organization has kept track....

no GOVERNMENT AGENCY CARES...

You do!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM1I-tDixzo

* 2 lifes

http://thehadenfamily.blogspot.com/

* 1 life

http://thefrommfamily.blogspot.com/

* 1 life....look at the video
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJEXaSaLbOA
* The son made the video......

http://yorkcountycrimestoppers.blogspot.com/

* 1 life she died.....

NOBODY HAS PUT IT ALL TOGETHER EXCEPT US.... AND NOW

YOU!!!!!

It is so bad...we even show you how to steal a trailer! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlP_mCy8i20

The idiots who are running your State do not want to REGISTER A TRAILER..
One popular scam is to buy a manufactured trailer, insure it, then remove the VIN and report it as stolen. Re-branding it as a homemade trailer with a new license plate can be as simple as filing bogus paperwork with another state.

Melancon did this recently to prove his point. He applied from Virginia for a Maine trailer license with a fabricated VIN (ST467OL499EN17I99AM). For a $50 fee, he received his license plate in the mail with official documentation. Apparently no one noticed the message hidden in the VIN if you remove the numbers: STOLEN I AM.

ronmelancon
Posted 7/22/2013 9:47 AM (#652988 - in reply to #652311)

Its Stolen and don't do it. You know better. So when it happens to you....you will have to some day face the higher power.
Turkeyt
Posted 7/22/2013 1:54 PM (#653037 - in reply to #652988)

ronmelancon - 7/22/2013 10:47 AM

Its Stolen and don't do it. You know better. So when it happens to you....you will have to some day face the higher power.

That may be the case in some instances. This trailer was registered in Ohio by this 75 year old gentleman and he moved to Kentucky and titled his boat. Back then say 1990, they did not register or title the trailers. They do now and I need a title to register it in my state. I have been in contact with the Kentucky DMV and they DO register and title trailers. They gave me the info and form #'s to be able to get with the owner to register the trailer and get a title. I guess I could just use his old Ohio registration and use it to register the trailer in my state. Trying to do this by the book so I can say I went by the law.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)