Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Daiwa millionaire S

Message Subject: Daiwa millionaire S
Killerbug
Posted 8/11/2010 1:35 PM (#454562)
Subject: Daiwa millionaire S

This reel makes me curious, do any of you have any experiences with it ?

http://www.daiwa.com/reel/detail.aspx?id=22
jackson
Posted 8/11/2010 2:52 PM (#454583 - in reply to #454562)
Subject: Re: Daiwa millionaire S

i saw one of these at a show last year. Wasn't impressed as the reel seemed to contain alot of plastic. It was cheap thou. I would pass and get something with more of a track record.
Killerbug
Posted 8/11/2010 6:18 PM (#454621 - in reply to #454562)

I have owed a few millionaires before, and they all had one in common, great drags, and great gears. But the rest of the reel did wear down quicker than my Ambassaduer classics. But overall I have been impressed with the functionality of some of the Millionaire reels. The latest Millionaire I have used is the Cheap Millionaire Classic 250, that I have used quite intensively just to see how it performed for one season. I have pulled several 40 inchers, and a 50 inch pike on it, used it for Showgirls, Suicks and Buster jerks, and all though the clicker gear broke down after two trips, the rest of the reel has performed well, considering it's a 50 dollar reel. It has begun to produce black colored oil from the right bearing what in mechanical terms, means that metal is touching metal without the protecting oil film, but again, I could by five of those for the prise of one Toro, or eight for the price of a Calcutta TE

Edited by Killerbug 8/11/2010 6:31 PM
PIKEMASTER
Posted 8/11/2010 6:57 PM (#454629 - in reply to #454621)

Killerbug - 8/11/2010 6:18 PM

I could by five of those for the prise of one Toro, or eight for the price of a Calcutta TE ;)

Daiwa Millionaire S is a starter reel, I would not use it for BIG MUSKY baits, so U could go though 5 Daiwa S reels or buy one Toro or go though 8 Daiwa S reels or buy 1 Shimano TE.
Killerbug
Posted 8/12/2010 5:31 AM (#454718 - in reply to #454562)

No, I but for 9" Suicks and Buster jerks it has been doing it's job for over a year now.
Musky Madman
Posted 8/12/2010 10:07 AM (#454774 - in reply to #454562)

I purchased a Daiwa Millionaire last year from Fleet Farm just to have it as an extra combo in the boat. I have it on a short stick (6'3") and I rarely use it. The little bit I have used it I was actually quite impressed at how smooth it is and no kidding, but it pulls dbl 10's easier than any ambassaduer. However, using the millionaire with a weagle one day, every time I snapped the rod while reeling the gears would skip. Since that day I have tried it with the same result on WTD baits but it still pulls straight running baits great. IMO it is a decent reel as a back up or for a beginner in your boat but is not something I would want to use exclusively. Also, the cast control/brake machanism on the reel is a wierd setup. You have to open the reel up and pop the 4 plastic tabs off to get any kind of distance on casts.
Overall, it was worth the 59.99 that I paid for it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)