Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake Arthur, PA

Message Subject: Lake Arthur, PA
PA_MAAAAAHHHSKIE
Posted 5/21/2009 12:35 PM (#379774)
Subject: Lake Arthur, PA

I know some of the guys on this board are fishin this lake. Can someone please explain to me some detail about this lake and approaching it for musky. Tried fishing it and literally seen nothing. No follows or anything. Tried everything to see a fish - trolled Muddy Creek nice dropoffs with the creekbeds and roads (was pickin up some good baitfish/fish on the fishfinder), casted shallow coves, deeper humps... just about everything! What in the heck does one have to do with this strange mysterious lake?
Pikiespawn
Posted 5/21/2009 1:10 PM (#379786 - in reply to #379774)
Subject: RE: Lake Arthur, PA

Lake Arthur is not an easy lake to catch fish on. I suggest you join the Lake Arthur Muskie Assoc. They have regular meeting and the guys will help you. Contact Howard Wagner or Brian Boyer.
Cast
Posted 5/22/2009 6:51 AM (#379915 - in reply to #379774)

To me, Arthur is tough, tough, tough. All sorts of problems: water is too dark; too warm; and most importantly, there is too much pressure. I don't have electronics, so I have that added disadvantage. (And maybe I'm not that good a fisher.)
Perhaps the key is to hit Arthur when there is as little pressure as possible; do your best; and then get off and go elsewhere.
PA_MAAAAAHHHSKIE
Posted 5/22/2009 7:49 AM (#379920 - in reply to #379774)

Yeah, fished it during the week, and there wasn't a lot of boats out on the water. Definitely saw other guys trolling for musky. With it being so fertile, the fish are probably just chowing down super hard so to see another bait they probably just don't care enough. Lake Arthur definitely can produce some big fish, but dang... it's tough. They wasn't a lot of weeds to hit either when casting... gotta wait a little longer til they set in, but not take over the lake..
Posted 5/22/2009 8:15 PM (#380007 - in reply to #379774)

Fished there 2 or 2 times without any action. I went to a meeting once and there was good turnout. You should find some help there for sure.

http://www.morainemuskyassoc.info/
allegheny river kid
Posted 5/23/2009 11:06 AM (#380047 - in reply to #379774)
Subject: Re: Lake Arthur, PA

The MMA is a great club to join.. only $5 for a membership and alot of friendly folks who love to musky fish.. If you join soon there is a members only outting on june 27 with lots of prizes... you have as much chance to win the prizes if you catch fish or not.. its based on a drawing system from what number you register..that being said arthur is a tough lake
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)