Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> tooth tamer rods

Message Subject: tooth tamer rods
dogboy
Posted 4/30/2009 11:14 AM (#375338 - in reply to #373964)
Subject: RE: tooth tamer rods

I answered my own question I guess. duh duh duh.

Edited by dogboy 4/30/2009 11:56 AM
esoxaddict
Posted 4/30/2009 11:50 AM (#375344 - in reply to #373964)
Subject: Re: tooth tamer rods

Fig Rig Rods is out of business, over, done, tits up. As for the company that bought the rights to the "Tooth Tamer" name, I wouldn't expect them to honor a warranty on a product they never made and never sold. It seems they are offering some sort of discount to the victims of Fig Rigs defective inventory, which is admirable. But I think it's safe to say that whatever warranty came with Fig Rig rods is now over.

Edited by esoxaddict 4/30/2009 12:22 PM
John at Ross's
Posted 4/30/2009 12:35 PM (#375349 - in reply to #373964)

There are no old ones and new ones there is Fig Rig and Tooth Tamer, Bill just purchased Dealer Base and the Tooth Tamer name and some of the old inventory that was marked all sales final at the shows. He does not have to honer the warranty but he is willing to work with people that have a problem. Fig Rig was gone as of October. The warranty put them out of business period. Tom, Brandon, Mike, Jason or I can help you out if you have a problem. We have a good group guys and we are all easy to work with. Just tell us the truth about what happened and we will see what we can do.

The Tooth Tamer Rods have a 90 day over the counter warranty and Lifetime replacement or repair for $55.00 back to the company.

We have the Rods and the Lures in stock at our store right now, stop in and take a look.
semper esox
Posted 4/30/2009 1:55 PM (#375357 - in reply to #373964)

not been able to post for a few days, but since i started this post felt i should let everyone know that i am on the toothtamer staff,and just like john, brandon ,tom and jason i choose to be on staff because i believe in bill greens product and from what i have seen of the rods so far i believe that they are worth a look by anyone in the line for a new rod, didnt think this post would start a pissin match and again these are not figrig rods, all new matrix blanks, webo seats and alconite guides
esoxaddict
Posted 4/30/2009 2:08 PM (#375361 - in reply to #373964)

Are those fuji guides?

What about the cork? I know it's synthetic, but is it fat cork? I've only ever seen synthetic cork in wine bottles, but it seems like it might be kind of slippery when it gets wet. Is it? Anybody tried it on a rod?

John at Ross's
Posted 4/30/2009 3:25 PM (#375377 - in reply to #375361)

You can't tell that its not cork, It's a little softer and has a little tack to it, not at all slippery. I even tried them out in the pouring rain. They are not Fugi guides, bill when away from Fugi.
Posted 5/1/2009 2:37 PM (#375612 - in reply to #373964)

My guess is that the guides are not Alconites since they are not using Fuji. Alconite is a Fuji trademark.
John at Ross's
Posted 5/2/2009 2:49 PM (#375715 - in reply to #373964)

My guess it that I i screwed up in that last post of mine. I know that they are no longer using Fugi reel seats and I think I misunderstood what I was told because the rods do have Alconite guides. Sorry for the miss-post, I guess I'm the one that gets to look dumb for the day.
Tiger
Posted 5/3/2009 9:39 AM (#375787 - in reply to #373964)

Thanks again guy's, I'll give him a call Monday to see what he can Or can't do for me.
Atkinson
Posted 8/16/2009 3:58 PM (#394383 - in reply to #375156)

I have a 7' FigRig Rod that has broken; I am searching for a way to contact someone at Tooth Tamer Rods. Can anyone help? Thank You
Slime King
Posted 8/17/2009 10:20 AM (#394519 - in reply to #375246)

Tom Rozek - 4/29/2009 9:23 PM
As far as the spine, all rods have spines but the term that you are using is not some thing that any one in the industry dose. It is imposible to do that with a rod over 7' . However most manufactures do try to work with what they can as far as the true staightness of the blank for guide placement ( spined in the capacity you are talking about ).  Please under stand that every attempt is made to have them done correctly but the spine is less important than guide placement, wrap tension, and balance.
Please tell me why a rod over 7 foot can not be spined/splined? One of the biggest problems with fig rigs was that the guides on the blank were placed on the straightest part or line of sight to the straightest section when looking down a blank (so a rod did not have a noticeable hook to it). This was one of the biggest issues as a rod not spined when put under a large amount of upward pressure will try and rotate and return to it's spined axis. This is a major cause of blank breakage. I highly disagree with the spine being of lesser importance.
carson
Posted 12/28/2009 8:57 AM (#414322 - in reply to #375349)

Hello, I know it is well past the time I should have inquired about this, but I purchased a 7'6" med/heavy from the musky show last spring and am very unhappy with the reel seat,it wobbles and will not hold the reel tight. Is there anyone who can help me get some recourse. I like everything else about it but that!
kustomboy
Posted 12/28/2009 3:58 PM (#414367 - in reply to #373964)

I had a reel seat go bad on me on my Jason Hamernick rod that I picked up a couple years ago at the MN show. I brought it to Thorne Bros and they fixed it for about 10-15 dollars. I'm not trying to bash "The Hamer" as it's a great rod and I'm glad it could be fixed. Just letting you know that fixing a reel seat is possible and most likely inexpensive as long as they don't have to re-cork it.
sworrall
Posted 12/28/2009 5:35 PM (#414374 - in reply to #373964)

carson,
First, we do not allow any product bashing here. Second, it's not clear what brand the rod you bought was...was it a Fig Rig? If so, that isn't a Tooth Tamer brand rod, and this thread is about Tooth Tamer Brand rods. That said, Tooth Tamer has given some serious discounts on new rods to folks who had Fig Rigs with problems.

I have a couple Tooth Tamers; great rods!
TJ DeVoe
Posted 12/28/2009 5:41 PM (#414375 - in reply to #414374)

If this rod was one of the old Fig Rigs and was sold at that deep discount that sworrall speaks of, then if I remember right, which I think I do, those rods that were sold at deep discount were not going to be carrying any warranty since they were being offered so cheap. I remember reading the tag or seeing a sign posted on each of the racks in multiple different booths last winter saying buy as is and no returns.

John at Ross's
Posted 12/29/2009 9:59 AM (#414434 - in reply to #373964)

All of the rods sold at the shows last season were the discounted Fig Rigs and sold as is. The 2010 Chicago show next week will be the first show for Tooth Tamer Rods. Stop in and check out the All New Rods, For 2010 we have a 8'6" XH Jawbreaker Jr designed for "Big Blades" that also works well with Mag Dawgs and a 7'6" XH Jawbreaker Jr that is great for the guy looking for a shorter rod that will handle anything from big jerkbaits to big blades and mag dawgs. We have a great Pro Staff that will be working the Tooth Tamer booth so stop by check out the rods ask some questions and Bill, I or one of our staffers will be glad to help you out.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)