Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Row Trolling for Muskie

Reply New post
Message Subject: Row Trolling for Muskie
Douglas
Posted 3/11/2006 8:39 PM (#181848)
Subject: Row Trolling for Muskie

A while ago I was turned on to row trolling for Muskie. I was up for learning any better way to catch the big ones. It really works great but the rowing got old after a while in a boat made for use with a motor. I thought about how much easier it would be in a canoe. But I wouldn't want to try and pull a muskie in a canoe. The muskie would be likely to win that battle and I'd be in the water. So I tried to find a boat actually made for row trolling. There isn't one. Then I read an article written by Patricia Strutz on the same subject and found that most everyone was making due with older boats or boats that are close enough. So I ordered plans for a Rangely Lake Boat from Newfound Woodworks and made my own. I used their hull design which glides across the water but is stable enough to stand up in. I decked out the interior with trolling accessories and I'm as happy as could be.
I've since found that row trolling is not only a great way to catch muskie, but a great sport. So natural, quiet, and a great workout. If you'd like, you can check out my boat at Newfounds site or a www.rowhunter.com. I've shown it at expos and it looks like I'm not the only one who's been looking for the perfect row trolling boat!
Thanks and happy hunting.
Shep
Posted 3/13/2006 10:00 AM (#182017 - in reply to #181848)
Subject: RE: Row Trolling for Muskie

There are a couple rowtrolling boats being made. I can't think of who, but will look around, and post.

Your boat looks really nice. Congrats.

Here's a post from the past.

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=39...

I think Heckle's was selling a fiberglass row troller boat.

Edited by Shep 3/13/2006 10:23 AM
Slamr
Posted 3/13/2006 11:14 AM (#182036 - in reply to #181848)

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/articles/03.13.2006/1011/Jason.Sloa...
Douglas
Posted 3/25/2006 4:17 PM (#184183 - in reply to #181848)

New add in Musky Hunter Magazine!If you have an intrest or time please check it out and let me know what you think.
Douglas Wicker III
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)