Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "GOLDEN GET OFF THE PHONE!!!!" Running_Hot (just before throwing a danish at me on the boat)
- (Added by: Slamr)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Spinnerbait help...

Message Subject: Spinnerbait help...
Cabbage Patch
Posted 7/8/2018 8:58 PM (#911826)
Subject: Spinnerbait help...

Anyone know where I can get spinnerbait heads like the Bucher slop masters?
jdsplasher
Posted 7/9/2018 10:57 PM (#911931 - in reply to #911826)
Subject: RE: Spinnerbait help...

I pour up  3/4 oz. swimmer heads if your interested. Have a few poured, and ready to go.

Pm me a text #, I'll try and send a pic . 6 posts down are my creature spins. Same shape head on my spinnerbait head.

JD

Edited by jdsplasher 7/9/2018 11:03 PM
Pal
Posted 7/14/2018 8:33 AM (#912296 - in reply to #911931)

Hi Jim,

I have a buddy who loves the old MG style and is looking for find something similar. I don't think you have this specific style, but just thought I would ask.

Thanks

Paul

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(MG.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments MG.jpg (43KB - 325 downloads)
jdsplasher
Posted 7/14/2018 7:47 PM (#912326 - in reply to #912296)

Paul, Not sure where the MG mold went. Maybe Fudally???

I have Bullet, Minnow style, Keel, Swimmer, and ultra Minnow molds. The Minnow and Bullet heads are very good in weeds. George Wahl built a very good spinnerbait from Bullet heads, which were very popular.

Keel are very true runners. The head on the MG, guessing are 3/4oz. Maybe there was a mold that was heavier. Not sure how the MG came through weeds. Never owned one.

Can post a pick at a later date if you need one. Or give a text # for pics. Thanks for asking;)

JD's Customs!

Edited by jdsplasher 7/14/2018 7:48 PM
Pal
Posted 7/15/2018 6:14 AM (#912334 - in reply to #912326)

Thanks Jim

My buddy really likes that old MG style, hence my asking.

Pretty sure MG when to Lindy and is not made anymore.
Fudally is not made anymore also.

I sent my buddy some pictures of your styles and will let you know his thoughts.

Paul
supertrollr
Posted 7/21/2018 5:35 PM (#912950 - in reply to #912334)
Subject: Re: Spinnerbait help...

the old m and g were called sunset,it was a strange head and a thin wire.imo there is a tons of better option
jdsplasher
Posted 7/22/2018 9:15 AM (#912979 - in reply to #912950)

a pic of the swimmers. Plenty of tying space if needed:)

(IMG_0445[1].JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0445[1].JPG (114KB - 335 downloads)
M Ruff
Posted 8/5/2018 10:14 PM (#914603 - in reply to #911826)

Not the Bucher you asked about, but since it came up, Moores Lures has heads including the Stump Hawg style or maybe ask Mike at Fudally .
You can also design your own to do whatever you want it to using Plaster to make a mold and "carve" your head design out of wood. Videos on you tube to show how. Feel free to EM me.
M
ToddM
Posted 8/6/2018 6:40 AM (#914611 - in reply to #911826)

JD, it's probably just as well your spinnerbaits look up, can't see what's coming! I also like the better hook option design.
jdsplasher
Posted 8/6/2018 8:29 AM (#914623 - in reply to #914611)

Yep Todd; That Salmon hook slices through that upper jaw like ButtA! What I really like about this design is the tying space available. You have the option of more or less dressing!!! The Mrs had several 3-6 fish nights slow rolling these swimmerheads in Skinny water!!!

Ruff is right. Mold can be made from plaster. Many of my jig molds, Early Paddle tail creatures, and some of my early spinnerbait bodies and ingot molds worked Temporarily for me out of plaster. Not sure I want to carve  a cavity from wood. Probably lots of small wood cutting tools needed.

Fortunately, I had some really good friends that were tool and Die makers, which helped me out with different designs,

Pal; here is a Erie/Dearie mold that is very close to the MG....and Yes, Moores also has a similar head to the MG.I like these for Keel weighting my bucktails, front and Back. I also use this head for my weight forward bucktail called " litl Dynamite. Wife won 3 first place finishes in tounaments with this bait. Very similar to the Lusox from Mepps. Had a Buddy that fished N/S twin. Had very good early season trips slow rolling Lusox off the reefs.

I really think the driving force to a spinnerbait is blade combinations, and a Ball Bearing swivel!!!  MG, new of the right combos that attracted fish. Still NOT sure the head design has anything to do with catches, as it does NOT look real weed friendly, BUT, never fished one!!! 

Here is a few molds I kept from late 80's. Threw out many of my others from plaster, as they only held up to a few pours. The big foot mold was one of my favorite, except for the lack of Collar:(. You could drop this jig from a standing position, and 99/100 the jig would stand upright. I had an old bass buddy turn me on to this Jig.

JD 

Edited by jdsplasher 8/6/2018 8:41 AM

(IMG_0473[1].JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0473[1].JPG (73KB - 344 downloads)
M Ruff
Posted 8/6/2018 3:51 PM (#914695 - in reply to #911826)
Subject: OOPS.

Oops
What I meant was to carve / form you head design in size and shape your looking for.
Of course then drilling for the wire & hook so you have a wood head spinner bait to use for making your 2 part Plaster mold.
Remember to "grease" your head so it will release from the mold, (I used vaseline).
This is what I use in developing my somewhat unique spinner baits.
Worked for me anyway.
M
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)