Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> indian lakes chain, ontario

Message Subject: indian lakes chain, ontario
pbarber
Posted 6/19/2018 5:27 PM (#910402)
Subject: indian lakes chain, ontario

1st time on chain. Going 7/6 for 2 weeks. Can anyone, please, help with current conditions, baits, colors, etc.? Know of any maps? Thank you for any help you might offer.
FishFearMe
Posted 6/19/2018 8:50 PM (#910418 - in reply to #910402)
Subject: RE: indian lakes chain, ontario

Where are you staying?
Musky Brian
Posted 6/20/2018 9:21 AM (#910440 - in reply to #910402)
Subject: Re: indian lakes chain, ontario

It’s been 10 years since I have been out there, but used to spend quite a bit of time on it.

I liked the base lakes of Indian/Edwards the best. Would do well on natural colored blades fishing weed and wood, and it was a great topwater lake. There’s several areas were the lake grew over an old forest area (like a flowage), I used to hit those hard with topwater and get way back in there and pull em out consistently

There’s a couple lakes in the middle of the chain that are dark/murky/weedy...Cobble and another. Those were good on bright colored blades and topwater.

The lakes in the back are trout lakes, deep and clear. Those were always pretty tough ...heard of some big ones back there but I never did very well. I would probably fish suspendos knowing what I know now

Pretty easy lake to fish...I’d say a handful of 10s, 8s, mepps marabous, top raiders/Cannonball Jrs, natural colored bulldawgs (I used to catch a lot on straight black) would be the first things you should have out. Topwater over that wood is a must...
Propster
Posted 6/20/2018 1:27 PM (#910458 - in reply to #910402)
Subject: Re: indian lakes chain, ontario

I second what Brian says about Indian (Alexandra) and Edward, as I got my first initial intel from him also. But we went a couple years in a row and got to know it a little bit. There is (was) a great cabbage bed in the NE corner of Indian that always held fish. The "channel" between Indian and Edward had good spots on either side as well, kind of in the middle. And then the eastern shore of Edward had a great string of cabbage and we had lots of action there as well. Little rock pile on the west side of Edward by that island was good at times too. Pretty good mix of tigers and some pure. Biggest we caught was 44 but have heard of 50's throughout the chain, though rare. Fun stuff. If you are there that long you should make a day trip up to Canyon. One awesome weedbed there that held good fish. biggest we caught there was 47. Common knowledge was smaller bucktails but we actually did better with 9's and 10's, especially on the 8. Topwaters too. Thanks again for all your help back then Brian, shortened our learning curve. Good luck and give us a report back if you would.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)