Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Shabbona Lake

Message Subject: Shabbona Lake
TMuskyFisher
Posted 6/12/2018 1:59 PM (#909759)
Subject: Shabbona Lake

Is Shabbona Lake worth taking a two hour drive on a weekend to try for muskies? My dad and I are thinking about taking a road trip there, and want an idea of what to expect. PM me if preferred, thank you!
kdawg
Posted 6/12/2018 2:36 PM (#909764 - in reply to #909759)
Subject: RE: Shabbona Lake

On a weekend, expect a lot of boats and very heavy fishing pressure. If u could, try weekdays when it is supposed to rain to keep the fishing and boat pressure down. kdawg
ToddM
Posted 6/12/2018 2:58 PM (#909766 - in reply to #909759)
Subject: Re: Shabbona Lake

I don't fish it much and it is the closest lake to me. It can be a zoo on the weekends and it can at times be very tough. To those who spend the time know when it really turns on and it does have had some good days out there. The lake does have alot of fish in it. The state has as of this year cut the stocking by 2/3. It will now be stocked once every 3 years. You can always stop at the tackle shop on the lake, the Sands family are good people and know the lake very well. Sule is another lake in the area stocked every year. Both have 10hp limits.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)