Please register or Login
MuskieFIRST | WalleyeFIRST | SalmonFIRST | IceFishing | WhitetailFIRST | BassFIRST | OutdoorsFIRST Upload
Lake of the Woods Tourism

Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> beginning of the end for Muskies in Minnesota, Need to make calls

Message Subject: beginning of the end for Muskies in Minnesota, Need to make calls
Dave Williamson
Posted 5/14/2018 10:52 PM (#906489)
Subject: beginning of the end for Muskies in Minnesota, Need to make calls

Attention:
We need to call Governor Mark Dayton ASAP and tell him to not sign any bill with Muskie language.

The House adopted the muskie ban proposal because Sen Ingebrigtsen threatened to go home and derail the entire Game and Fish bill if his anti muskie verbiage was not accepted! He’s the Chair of the committee so it was held hostage until the House gave in.

We need to share this and call or text every person you know that wants to maintain our Muskie Fishery and keep public water public.
CALL NOW and leave a message.
Thank you for your support.
Call, share and email ASAP.

This needs to stop now.
Thank you
Call Governor Dayton NOW
651-201-3400
MJH
Posted 5/15/2018 12:34 AM (#906495 - in reply to #906489)
Subject: Re: beginning of the end for Muskies in Minnesota, Need to make calls

Unfortunately they adopted it into Supplemental omnibus finance conference report. They did this to force the Governor to swallow this crap in order to finance government operations. Ask the Governor to veto the bill as you agree with him that the finance bills shouldn’t contain all these controversial policy provisions.
It only took me a minute to leave a message on the Governor’s voicemail. You can email him at https://mn.gov/governor/contact-us/form
Please take a minute to leave him a message.
Dirt Esox
Posted 5/15/2018 7:49 AM (#906509 - in reply to #906489)
Subject: RE: beginning of the end for Muskies in Minnesota, Need to make calls

Done
Kirby Budrow
Posted 5/15/2018 7:52 AM (#906510 - in reply to #906489)

Call and email every day! Keep it simple. They are going to get a lot of calls!
Kirby Budrow
Posted 5/15/2018 7:55 AM (#906511 - in reply to #906489)

I’ll tell you what. We need a list of every one of them that voted to pass this thing and vote them out! This isn’t D vs R. It’s pure evil but we can turn it around with new legislators.
Nershi
Posted 5/15/2018 8:05 AM (#906512 - in reply to #906489)

Isn't the governor able to line item veto this? I know he line item vetoed something out a bill in the last year or two that caused some controversy but was held up in the courts.
muskie-don58
Posted 5/15/2018 8:07 AM (#906513 - in reply to #906489)

I sent a respectful email. Haters winning again. The human condition. Shakin’ my head.
Dave, is there evidence of good natural muskie reproduction in any of MN lakes?
BNelson
Posted 5/15/2018 8:23 AM (#906514 - in reply to #906513)

I called and left a voicemail. we should all email or call... it is nutso ... and they won't stop with just this once passed.
VMS
Posted 5/15/2018 9:10 AM (#906523 - in reply to #906489)

I wrote a message through the government.

Fingers crossed our efforts will pay off...

Steve
Kirby Budrow
Posted 5/15/2018 9:36 AM (#906527 - in reply to #906489)

https://mn.gov/governor/contact-us/form/

Here's how to email him. Call and email please.
dtaijo174
Posted 5/15/2018 12:44 PM (#906544 - in reply to #906489)

How about we counter punch and run someone in this jerk's, Sen Ingebrigtsen, district? I'll throw some cash that way.
tolle141
Posted 5/15/2018 1:18 PM (#906545 - in reply to #906489)

Called the office and got a nice guy who took notes. Said these would be provided in the various meetings briefing Dayton on the matter.

Takes 2 minutes.
Call 651-201-3400
Ask for them to tell Dayton to keep resource management in the hands of the DNR and keep our public lakes public by voting against the spending bill and pulling the anti-muskie language.
dtaijo174
Posted 5/15/2018 1:24 PM (#906547 - in reply to #906489)

Can Dayton use a line item veto?
https://www.leg.state.mn.us/lrl/vetoes/aboutveto
Sudszee
Posted 5/15/2018 2:32 PM (#906550 - in reply to #906547)

Done!
Prayers sent as well.
jasond
Posted 5/15/2018 7:54 PM (#906565 - in reply to #906550)

I did share my thoughts with the Governor as well as with the local reps from my district again. If anyone get's any specific responses either positive or negative it would be great to hear about what feedback is being sent back. Thanks again to those out of state who are sharing their thoughts around the positive impact of a healthy muskie fishery in Minnesota in making your summer travel plans.
Ross K
Posted 5/16/2018 9:52 AM (#906585 - in reply to #906489)

done!
jfreborg
Posted 5/16/2018 10:41 AM (#906592 - in reply to #906585)

When I called yesterday they did not take my name, address or any info from me, they just listened to my opinion. The guy answering the phone said he would "share my concerns" and that was it. It was an anonymous process, hopefully they are keeping track of the number of calls since they didn't ask for anything else.
MJH
Posted 5/16/2018 11:52 AM (#906596 - in reply to #906512)

Govornor can line item veto appropriations but not policy items.
jasond
Posted 5/16/2018 1:03 PM (#906603 - in reply to #906596)

To give credit where it's due, my local representative Cindy Pugh responded to me quickly and shared that she and Rep Franson (Ottertail Co) are very upset that Sen Ingebrigtson's language made it into the omnibus bill. They are sending messages and talking to those that they can.
7ovr50
Posted 5/16/2018 7:29 PM (#906621 - in reply to #906489)

Sounds like it's too late to close the barn doors now. But you never know. It's worth a try.
Dunlap
Posted 5/17/2018 7:36 AM (#906649 - in reply to #906489)

I sent my email:

Sir,
I don't want to take up a lot of your time as I am certain that you are a very busy man running one of the most beautiful states in the Midwest.
I want to simply let you know that I am an avid angler, guide, and educator for muskies and the sport of muskie fishing. I have spent many days/weeks and dollars in your state in pursuit of one of the most exciting freshwater game fish, the Muskie. I would like to continue to do so. However this news of your state shutting down your muskie stocking program will no doubt end my days, and the days of many others like me of traveling to Minnesota to fish and enjoy the wonderful lakes, rivers, and streams you have throughout your state's borders.
Please sir, before you let this happen in your state, I ask that you take the time to educate yourself on the Muskie. These fish are NOT the "boogieman" that you have been lead to believe. As a matter of fact sir, they are pretty much the opposite.
Illinois did a 10 year study of these fish to better understand what they eat, when they eat it and how they impact the ecosystem of different lakes where they had been introduced. This study was preformed because of a very similar situation to what you currently have going on in your state. Lake front property land owners and anglers that have not taken the time to educate themselves on Muskies before pointing fingers and making selfish decisions in order to satisfy their own agendas whether it is to keep the public off "their lakes" or make excuses as to why they aren't catching and eating the amount of other game fish species they are targeting. We ran into this same narrow minded thinking with bass and crappie anglers here in Illinois.
Thus "Project Green Gene" was set into motion.
Sir, please take the time to read through this report. I think that you will find the scientific findings of this study to be highly significant and very interesting.

http://www.illinimuskiesalliance.org/projects/GreenGene/FinalSummar...

Thank you for your time.

Thad Hinshaw
Pal
Posted 5/17/2018 9:21 AM (#906667 - in reply to #906649)

My local rep ( Kelly Fenton ) was very quick to reply also, and she was not very happy about this getting into the Omnibus bill. She said she passed along my concerns to the party's leadership for what it is worth ...

Pal

mtcook16
Posted 5/17/2018 10:01 AM (#906671 - in reply to #906489)

Made the call and spoke my piece. It's time to put our rally caps on...
Pepper
Posted 5/17/2018 10:04 AM (#906672 - in reply to #906489)

Made the call and got a voice message system Left my opinion as an out of state as an out of state angler that spends 2 or 3 weeks a year vacationing in Mn.
tolle141
Posted 5/17/2018 12:40 PM (#906687 - in reply to #906672)

Pepper - 5/17/2018 10:04 AM

Made the call and got a voice message system Left my opinion as an out of state as an out of state angler that spends 2 or 3 weeks a year vacationing in Mn.

Extra thank you to the out of state anglers calling that choose to come to MN for their fishing trips.

Called and left another voicemail today.
kapcoleo
Posted 5/17/2018 6:49 PM (#906704 - in reply to #906489)

As an out-of-stater, I called and left a message. Can't have lake shore property owners controlling a lake. DNR biologists need to make management decisions,not legislatures' or county supervisors.
Pointerpride102
Posted 5/17/2018 7:57 PM (#906713 - in reply to #906489)

Keep those calls coming. From the Muskie Pike Alliance Facebook:
"The Muskie issue is one of the 63 issues outlined by the governor for his veto. Please keep calling him and letting him know. We’ll keep you updated as soon as we confirm anything.
This doesn’t mean we have beat it yet. Keep the calls rolling, we can use all the support we can get."

Keep calling, keep leaving messages. Tell your friends, wives, kids, kid's friends, kid's wives/husbands, neighbors, cousins, brother-cousins for you WV anglers. Keep calling.
Posted 5/17/2018 9:41 PM (#906720 - in reply to #906713)

I called and left a message.You guys have to start getting organized form a group,and back or start running your own musky friendly candidates in all these districts.You need to start today, if you don't already have a group formed.Good luck.
jchiggins
Posted 5/17/2018 10:08 PM (#906724 - in reply to #906489)

It only takes a few minutes. This needs to be nipped. Be courteous and concerning and keep the messages rolling.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 5/18/2018 2:00 PM (#906757 - in reply to #906720)

0723 - 5/17/2018 9:41 PM

I called and left a message.You guys have to start getting organized form a group,and back or start running your own musky friendly candidates in all these districts.You need to start today, if you don't already have a group formed.Good luck.

We're organized. Minnesota Muskie Alliance.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Lake of the Woods Tourism

(Delete all cookies set by this site)