Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Wayzata bait and tackle

Message Subject: Wayzata bait and tackle
sworrall
Posted 4/3/2018 8:56 PM (#901112 - in reply to #901109)
Subject: Re: Wayzata bait and tackle

Understandable.
Top H2O
Posted 4/3/2018 10:02 PM (#901123 - in reply to #901112)

Ok, I'm Lazy when it comes to all of this High Tech stuff. What is a google score ? and should I be concerned ?
Can someone out there on the World Wide Web splane this to me.
Anybody ever hear .." Ain't got time for Thatt!" That's me.
sworrall
Posted 4/3/2018 10:24 PM (#901125 - in reply to #900166)

Like a customer rating in this case, pretty much.
Top H2O
Posted 4/3/2018 11:54 PM (#901129 - in reply to #901125)

Ok,... That's what I was looking for.... Except.... (Sled and Pointer love these dots) what is a Good score vs. a Bad score ?
Where does The Goggle set the Bar ?
Maybe I should ask Space book or Twit.....
Hope I speelled everything right.
thescottith
Posted 4/4/2018 6:15 AM (#901131 - in reply to #900166)

Google it. Prophet Google knows all.
ToddM
Posted 4/4/2018 7:10 AM (#901132 - in reply to #901131)

I thought a google score was like tinder, oh well.
Mojo1269
Posted 4/4/2018 10:03 AM (#901159 - in reply to #900166)

Couldn't resist

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(wayzata bait.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments wayzata bait.JPG (187KB - 364 downloads)
Cloud7
Posted 4/4/2018 12:26 PM (#901183 - in reply to #900375)

Jeremy,
That was Tong, he still works there. He's a certified Shimano and Daiwa Reel Tech. Good dude, has been servicing my reels for years.

As for the other baitshops supporting science/muskies I can't speak for all of them, though most are usually solid guys. When it comes to the big four physical stores that come to the MN Muskie Expo, I can say as Muskies Inc. board member, for sure Thorne Bros, Joe's, Blue Ribbon, and Reeds are great supporters of Muskies Inc. and the betterment of Minnesota Fisheries. I've got firsthand experience with each of the owners and managers of these shops, they've all donated thousands and thousands of dollars worth of product, promotions, and support for the betterment of muskie fishing as a whole. All good guys who truly care.

-C7
nar160
Posted 4/4/2018 5:10 PM (#901211 - in reply to #900166)

FYI, your Google review can get flagged and not show up publicly if it trips some filters. At some point my original review was no longer publicly visible - it was originally visible for sure because a few people had gave it the thumbs up. I just happened to notice I could not see it on another computer where I was not signed in to my Google account. Signing in, it was visible, so the review was not lost or discarded - just suppressed from public view.

After some digging it appears that if your review is too political and does not focus on the customer experience it may get suppressed from public view. With some editing, it is now again publicly visible - will see if that holds up.

If you've written a Google review, it might be worth signing out of your account and checking to make sure it is publicly visible.
supertrollr
Posted 4/4/2018 5:14 PM (#901212 - in reply to #900166)

LOL all the recent reviews are 1 star
Brian Hoffies
Posted 4/4/2018 5:18 PM (#901213 - in reply to #900166)

Funny all the different ways a person can build or destroy a business.
Nershi
Posted 4/4/2018 6:48 PM (#901221 - in reply to #900166)

Google reviews is used to rate the quality, service etc of a business. I don't agree with this guys views and think he is a moron for expressing them publicly but I also don't agree with bashing his business with Google reviews just because you don't agree with the owners opinion or viewpoint. If the guy provides poor service to Muskie anglers (or others) it's certainly warranted but if you've never been to his store you shouldn't be leaving reviews imo. I highly doubt it will accomplish much and if anything it's fueling the fire.

There are too many keyboard warriors these days who take to social media when they're butt hurt. Hopefully the anti Muskie lakeshore owners or dark house guys don't start a campaign against the businesses that support the Muskie community. Just my 2 cents.
jonnysled
Posted 4/4/2018 6:53 PM (#901223 - in reply to #901221)

^well said ...
14ledo81
Posted 4/4/2018 7:12 PM (#901226 - in reply to #901223)

jonnysled - 4/4/2018 6:53 PM

^well said ...

I agree as well..

I also wonder how many people (that have never been there) that are so quick to bash this guys business were also against the bashing of the baker that refused to make the cake in Colorado...
supertrollr
Posted 4/4/2018 7:19 PM (#901227 - in reply to #901223)

he will think twice next time,all the legal strategies are good.you can even buy 1000 lures from his shop if you like him so much.life is make like that ,it's called reputation. it's not because the guy is good vs his clients that we have to forget his move.so if you gaz station owner is beating his wife are you gonna say i don't care i need gaz and i don't care because he is polite with me? i know it's exaggerated but you get the point
esoxaddict
Posted 4/4/2018 7:45 PM (#901231 - in reply to #900166)

The moment you let your personal beliefs steer your business decisions is the moment you become inept at making business decisions...
Brian Hoffies
Posted 4/4/2018 7:48 PM (#901232 - in reply to #900166)

It's all opinion. His and ours.
He is entitled to his opinion on Muskies which, by the way is protected by the same constitution all the gun guys like to talk about. Vs our freedom of choice to patronize his shop. I'm not on-board with the whole facebook thing but do understand the feelings of both sides.
What I do think is it's a issue that has made a lot of people think. In my opinion thinking is always a good thing.
Mojo1269
Posted 4/5/2018 9:17 AM (#901282 - in reply to #901221)

Nershi - 4/4/2018 6:48 PM

Google reviews is used to rate the quality, service etc of a business. I don't agree with this guys views and think he is a moron for expressing them publicly but I also don't agree with bashing his business with Google reviews just because you don't agree with the owners opinion or viewpoint. If the guy provides poor service to Muskie anglers (or others) it's certainly warranted but if you've never been to his store you shouldn't be leaving reviews imo. I highly doubt it will accomplish much and if anything it's fueling the fire.

There are too many keyboard warriors these days who take to social media when they're butt hurt. Hopefully the anti Muskie lakeshore owners or dark house guys don't start a campaign against the businesses that support the Muskie community. Just my 2 cents.

I agree strongly with this... The reality is its a lousy bait store. This store is on the way to the lake for me. Far and away the closest/easiest access. In the spring I would stop in for crappie minnows, crawlers or leeches. His tanks are filthy and all bait that he sell from the tanks have a life span that is sub par to any of his competitors. I would get bait "that mattered" from anywhere but there. When I have taken people out in the fall that "donated" unused suckers to me that came from there they all die quickly. I keep a separate tank at home for suckers that have been hooked and donations from Wayzata bait...(no lie). I do not want them polluting my system when they die. With him running his mouth off on things he does not know it is just the cherry on the sundae as to why I wont get there again...

Edited by Mojo1269 4/5/2018 9:23 AM
sworrall
Posted 4/5/2018 10:02 AM (#901285 - in reply to #901232)

Brian Hoffies - 4/4/2018 7:48 PM

It's all opinion. His and ours.
He is entitled to his opinion on Muskies which, by the way is protected by the same constitution all the gun guys like to talk about. Vs our freedom of choice to patronize his shop. I'm not on-board with the whole Facebook thing but do understand the feelings of both sides.

What I do think is it's a issue that has made a lot of people think. In my opinion thinking is always a good thing.

Everyone is entitled to opinion if given the chance to offer it in a TV interview, and everyone should carefully consider who's watching. I think this guy got caught up in the moment a little, maybe. End result is what it is, he alienated a very active and vocal portion of his clientele. If his opinion is based in fantasy, and they are, he will suffer correction, and he did.

Far as the 'gun guys' ( I am a 'gun guy', I guess) go, some are talking about the Bill of Rights and that conversation will continue. Extreme views demanding governmental intervention are why those amendments were adopted. Accomplishes a lot of things, including the eventual reasonable discussion and resolution of the debate by those who actually are tasked with working within the Constitution on our behalf, as chaotic that process always is.

Muskie Treats
Posted 4/6/2018 3:37 PM (#901451 - in reply to #900166)

As someone who's been interviewed many, many times by the media I do know that they will take the "best" statement you give them. He may very well have made some positive muskie comments (probably not as I've had many conversations with him, but maybe), but the line they took was the one they were looking for for this story. I've learned the hard way may years ago to go into any interview like this with a "line" they will like that will also capture my (our) stance and give them the juiciness they need for their story.

One thing I've learn from being in the spotlight is this: If it feels that good to say something (especially behind the warm glow of your computer monitor), then you probably shouldn't say it in public (including the internet).

Edited by Muskie Treats 4/6/2018 3:38 PM
MuskieKen83
Posted 4/6/2018 4:25 PM (#901461 - in reply to #901451)

I remember someone at a now defunct bait shop on the south end of Lake Minnetonka complaining that muskies were "taking over the lake" (this was circa 2001). He knew I was a muskie fisherman and was likely looking for a negative response. I only jokingly responded, "well, you need to tell me where you're fishing because I don't a see a thing fishing for them". I try to keep it light with guys like that (old school guys), no point in arguing with someone who won't change their mind.

Also, I have been able to find a couple of new muskie waters listening to these guys complain about muskies.
Bait shop owner "We only catch baby walleyes, It's gotta be all the muskies."
Me: "Go on, I'm listening"
sworrall
Posted 4/6/2018 6:11 PM (#901467 - in reply to #901451)

Muskie Treats - 4/6/2018 3:37 PM

As someone who's been interviewed many, many times by the media I do know that they will take the "best" statement you give them. He may very well have made some positive muskie comments (probably not as I've had many conversations with him, but maybe), but the line they took was the one they were looking for for this story. I've learned the hard way may years ago to go into any interview like this with a "line" they will like that will also capture my (our) stance and give them the juiciness they need for their story.

One thing I've learn from being in the spotlight is this: If it feels that good to say something (especially behind the warm glow of your computer monitor), then you probably shouldn't say it in public (including the internet).

This.
North of 8
Posted 4/6/2018 6:45 PM (#901471 - in reply to #901467)

My last employer basically had a "no comment" policy. Very successful, privately owned company which through a foundation put a lot back into the communities it served every year. Well over a million dollars a year, even in years when the investments didn't do so great, in good years, it was several million. I was a little surprised that they didn't do interviews or press releases about all the good things the company was doing and the president and chairman said 1) they did it because it was the right thing to do and 2) when you start talking to the newspapers/media, things tend not go well. The only time you saw in the press that money had been donated was when it was a public entity like a school and tax payers needed to know it was not coming from them. And even then it would just say a donation was made by such and such foundation for this project, with no comment, not even the amount of the donation.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)