Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lac Seul

Message Subject: Lac Seul
ruchtir
Posted 3/22/2018 10:49 AM (#899695)
Subject: Lac Seul

Kind of just curious on some general information on Lac Seul. I hear very little on it. Which I take as a good thing. But yet it means less information about good lodges, how the fishing is. Etc. It seems like they aren’t very many lodges on the east end of the lake? As i read mostly that people took a house boat or had to trailer to the lake? Can anybody provide any info on these general things about the lake? Thanks
Musky Brian
Posted 3/22/2018 2:05 PM (#899724 - in reply to #899695)
Subject: RE: Lac Seul

Not a numbers game, you are generally hunting mostly bigger fish in low density. Very few camps in the NE part of the lake, 1 or 2 pretty spendy outpost camps with pretty basic accommodations. That’s why guys do the houseboat trip up there and park it, more cost effective for a group. People also stay at Moosehorn Lodge but it’s a pretty big daily boat ride to get up to the better stuff.

Edited by Musky Brian 3/22/2018 2:06 PM
BNelson
Posted 3/23/2018 9:59 AM (#899808 - in reply to #899695)
Subject: Re: Lac Seul

2 best options in my opinion are staying at Chamberlain Narrows, or getting a Houseboat and parking it up in the NE section...Pine Island area.
https://www.lacseuloutposts.com/lacseulcottagerentals.htm#2

water is a little darker, say 2-3 feet visibility... shield water, rock reefs, and weeds, fish can and do slide very shallow in july/aug. have heard mixed reviews on the pressure up that way, I guess it all depends on how many other musky guys are there on houseboats versus walleye guys the week you go.
UglyPike
Posted 3/23/2018 4:46 PM (#899850 - in reply to #899695)
Subject: Re: Lac Seul

Andersons Lodge has some outposts on that part of the lake. Other lodges too on other lakes that drive to La Seul have access to that part of the lake. Winoga Lodge for example, and one of the best guides going, Ben Beattie work out that way. BNelson made a good point about the houseboats and walleye guys. I fished there not too long ago and didnt see many boats at all during the day.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)