Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> MI Region 3 Chapter Challenge results

Message Subject: MI Region 3 Chapter Challenge results
mikie
Posted 3/21/2018 6:38 AM (#899540)
Subject: MI Region 3 Chapter Challenge results

Howdy. I'm sorry for the late update, my new modem has been dropping my internet connection - very frustrating.

34 anglers from three chapters and two unaffiliated members competed in teams of one and two for the Region 3 Chapter Challenge trophy. 23 fish were caught, including a 32, 33, a 34 (that died upon release - no points) and two 41 inch beauties were caught by competitors at Cave Run Lake last weekend. The 41's resulted in a tie, which was broken by a coin flip. Second place went to Daniel Boone Chapter 52's Brian Gamble - who also won the Big Fish pot - and first place went to the West Virginia Chapter 9 's team of Jim Moore and Mike Moschell.

Jim trolled up the fish on Saturday using a Cullison Slab bait, and following the techniques described by local guide Gregg Thomas in his presentation the previous night. Jim got the big fish plaque sponsored by Mountain Muskie Lodge and Guide Service. Each contestant got a Tony Grant rattle bait and an MI crank bait, along with a delicious buffet prepared by Pops BBQ.
The second annual Region 9 Challenge is being scheduled for the same time and place next year. See you then! m

Edited by mikie 3/21/2018 7:21 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(first place closeup.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments first place closeup.jpg (115KB - 367 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)