Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Ambient Light

Reply New post
Message Subject: Ambient Light
SkiNoob
Posted 3/1/2018 10:17 AM (#894557)
Subject: Ambient Light

Any of you guys run LED strips or another source of ambient light for night fishing?
short STRIKE
Posted 3/1/2018 11:10 AM (#894576 - in reply to #894557)
Subject: RE: Ambient Light

I run LED's on a dimmer in my boat (Shout out to MnMusky... we spent half a Sunday in my garage sipping delicious Coors lights, doing the install). That being said... I don't use them as a light source while night fishing, just my head lamp when needed. I only use them because they look really neato during low light conditions! Nothing certifies my general Sweetnessbaggery more than cruising between spots with my deck lit up like a 20' blue neon sign!!! I love em.
mnmusky
Posted 3/1/2018 6:15 PM (#894652 - in reply to #894576)
Subject: Re: Ambient Light

check out the northern lights!
nope, that just Geno fishing the north end.
Schultz345
Posted 3/1/2018 7:09 PM (#894658 - in reply to #894557)

Too many bugs around here for me to even entertain the idea of installing lights
T3clay
Posted 3/3/2018 12:21 AM (#894885 - in reply to #894557)

I have rope lights tucked under the sides of my boat. wont ever have a boat without them again. I don't keep them on while fishing, but once a fish is in the bag they are awesome! also cant beat them for nightfishing walleye or catfish. I just don't like the way they kill your night vision for casting at night
hooked
Posted 3/4/2018 8:34 AM (#894958 - in reply to #894557)
Subject: RE: Ambient Light

I had some blue LEDs run around the base of the center console on my Ranger Bay last summer. I had the local auto/marine electronics shop do it while the boat was in for some stereo work and it was very affordable. Admittedly I opted for blue over red as I thought it looked cooler and red would have been better for night vision, but I really haven't had any problems. I'm going to have some more added to the side rod racks this summer. You can also get selectable red/green/blue strips, which might be an option as well. Again, it was really pretty reasonable.

Edited by hooked 3/4/2018 8:40 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_2274.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2274.JPG (76KB - 335 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)