Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Good Muskie resorts on Lake Of The Woods

Message Subject: Good Muskie resorts on Lake Of The Woods
Goose slayer
Posted 2/1/2018 6:59 AM (#890986)
Subject: Good Muskie resorts on Lake Of The Woods

Me and a couple buddies are planing a trip up to LOTW in late August, just looking to see what good resorts are around there.
ToddM
Posted 2/1/2018 7:03 AM (#890987 - in reply to #890986)
Subject: Re: Good Muskie resorts on Lake Of The Woods

You will get as many answers as there are replies. I enjoyed sunset lodge. Find a lodge that best fits your needs and price.
PredLuR
Posted 2/1/2018 7:32 AM (#890992 - in reply to #890986)

First things first you need to figure out what portion of the lake you want to fish. Once you have that figured out, then you can start breaking down the lodges and go from there.
IAJustin
Posted 2/1/2018 8:17 AM (#890999 - in reply to #890992)

Probably 90% + of the boats that go to Baystore Camp are muskie guys.. Frank would point you in the right direction if you are looking to go to the NW angle portion. I'd look at Tamarack Island lodge or Mylie's Place for Sabaskong area.

39 degrees
Posted 2/1/2018 8:43 AM (#891007 - in reply to #890986)

Some other items your group needs to decide before choosing a resort. Do you want to prepare your own food or have meals provided? Also do you want to drive your vehicle to the resort? because some are only accessible by boat
Ivegotafever
Posted 2/1/2018 4:54 PM (#891052 - in reply to #890986)

Are you taking a boat or planning on being guided?
1A2D
Posted 2/1/2018 9:00 PM (#891068 - in reply to #890986)

In the Morson/Sabaskong area I stay at Redwing Lodge. The owners are very knowledgeable about musky in that area. Their website has listings of Musky caught per year and moon phases. They host at least one outing of a Muskies Inc. Chapter every summer.
cnsrtv1
Posted 2/2/2018 8:15 PM (#891145 - in reply to #890986)

I would vote for Tamarack Island Wilderness Lodge, it's out of the Morson Ontario area. The camp is on an island about a 20 minute boat ride from the mainland, no other lodges in his area, so you don't get a ton of competition for your spots. The musky fishing is AWESOME. Todd Hacault is the owner, him and his family run the camp and do a great job. The guy really "bends over backwards" to make sure you have a good trip. My buddy and I have been going up there for well over ten years, I use to go to eagle lake until my first trip to tamarack and LOTW, have never been back to eagle since. Yes the fishing is that good! Check out the Tamarack Island Wilderness Lodge Face Book page, it's worth your time.
Fishermantom81
Posted 2/5/2018 11:23 AM (#891341 - in reply to #890986)

I also love Tamarack. The next closest resort is about 5-6 miles away so you have a fair amount of water where you will not see anyone else.
esoxriebe
Posted 2/5/2018 12:13 PM (#891345 - in reply to #891341)

If you are not bringing a boat and need a guide I would recommend Wiley point lodge it is all inclusive with the best campboats on the lake. I know a lot of muskie guys like the Bay store personally other than the price this would be my last choice and if you need a guide from this lodge you will be fishing in the back of the boat behind Doug Johnson or frank Walsh which is not very cool in my opinion. My favorite places to stay are Spruce island camp, miles bay camp and obabikon bay camp.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)