Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Tamarack Opening (LOTW)

Message Subject: Tamarack Opening (LOTW)
PredLuR
Posted 1/16/2018 10:52 AM (#889879)
Subject: Tamarack Opening (LOTW)

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that a prime time week has opened up over at Tamarack on LOTW as I had a few guys bail on our trip this year and we had to adjust our time going up as we were in an 8 person cabin. The opening is for June 30th - July 7th.

Figured I get the word out as I know spots are filling quick over there and felt the need as we had held the cabin since the summer. Hopefully a bunch of you guys can fill it up and get in on the musky action over there.
Propster
Posted 1/16/2018 9:46 PM (#889902 - in reply to #889879)
Subject: Re: Tamarack Opening (LOTW)

That's usually the week that Ty Sennett and his group are there. They normally do quite well. Two years ago I think it was 63 for the week with the biggest being 53 1/2. Last year a 54. It's a good week in that area. We'll be up on the 6th.
Fishermantom81
Posted 1/23/2018 2:49 AM (#890357 - in reply to #889879)
Subject: RE: Tamarack Opening (LOTW)

It is saying something if Ty is taking a week off of his busy schedule just to pay to go to Tamarack that week. I am shocked this has not been booked already.
BNelson
Posted 1/24/2018 9:18 AM (#890429 - in reply to #890357)

how many boats were in the group? I see lots of reports like that, which isn't really saying much... one last year had like 104 fish and sounded great...then find out it was 16 or 17 boats of 2 guys... which is really a butt kicking.
and I'd imagine Ty might be getting a sweet deal to promo the resort as well....

Edited by BNelson 1/24/2018 10:29 AM
PredLuR
Posted 1/24/2018 12:24 PM (#890441 - in reply to #890429)

BNelson - 1/24/2018 9:18 AM

how many boats were in the group? I see lots of reports like that, which isn't really saying much... one last year had like 104 fish and sounded great...then find out it was 16 or 17 boats of 2 guys... which is really a butt kicking.
and I'd imagine Ty might be getting a sweet deal to promo the resort as well....

Id say Ty's group usually consists of 5-6 boats on average for the week. They have had way better "weeks" around that time than what is reported but also one year (whichever the high water year was, 14, 15??) it was really tough for everyone in camp and nobody caught fish consistently. It also blew 40 mph for 3 days out of the NW which as we know, just puts them in the greatest of moods.

As for getting a deal there, I do know that group has been going up to Tamarack long before Todd owned the place and it was always their "family" fishing getaway so I don't know all the particulars, but im pretty sure that Ty really hasn't or doesn't advertise it. I get what your saying Brad, trust me on that, but in this case, I dont think its that.

I do know they have hit that week weather wise and done well over 100 with only 3 or 4 boats....but of course, they are running all over LOTW like everyone else so its not specific to the Morson/Tamarack area, just a matter of hitting stable weather, moon, water temps after spawning, etc...

Tamarack gets a lot of love on the site, and rightfully so, by guys but that's just a product of Todd and the family being wonderful people.
BNelson
Posted 1/24/2018 1:00 PM (#890442 - in reply to #890441)

weather is the biggest factor, like any trip.. when they go they go... 1st week of July might be a bit more unpredictable than later in the season that is for sure
can't go wrong with any week up there tho... musky heaven

Edited by BNelson 1/24/2018 1:02 PM
Propster
Posted 1/25/2018 1:40 PM (#890540 - in reply to #889879)

I've always liked Tamarack simply because you're already away from the mainland crowds, you're already out toward the better fishing, if you don't want to have to run far on a daily basis there is good fishing close to camp, and the Hacault's are just good people and they take care of you. I like being able to share info in the lodge at night, which you just don't have at most other camps. Top notch in my book.
PredLuR
Posted 1/26/2018 6:23 PM (#890635 - in reply to #890540)

Propster - 1/25/2018 1:40 PM

I've always liked Tamarack simply because you're already away from the mainland crowds, you're already out toward the better fishing, if you don't want to have to run far on a daily basis there is good fishing close to camp, and the Hacault's are just good people and they take care of you. I like being able to share info in the lodge at night, which you just don't have at most other camps. Top notch in my book.

Absolutely, we spent years in the Morson area and every year we would be stuck in camp waiting out a massive wind. Never again since we stayed on that side of the big water. Plus if there is bad weather you can stay close to camp and if it gets nasty, get out of it. Given that we still run 10-15 miles away cause it's fun and we're idiots.
cnsrtv1
Posted 2/2/2018 7:55 PM (#891142 - in reply to #889879)

Tamarack is awesome! I've been fishing there for years and have never been disappointed. Todd the owner has done a great job fixing the place up since he took over, very different than my first trip there some 14 years ago. The musky are awesome, but I have to admit the small mouths are pretty fun too. Never gonna be bored on the island!
Propster
Posted 2/11/2018 7:52 PM (#892072 - in reply to #889879)

^^ It is a great place for sure. So many spots to fish close but so centrally located if you want to run and explore new stuff. Camp is awesome. One thing that gets overlooked sometimes that you don't always get at other camps is that you've got power all day and all night so if you get in late you're still going to get a full charge on your batteries.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)