Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "That's what I always say, when I'm not saying something else, or just being quiet"
- (Added by: sorenson)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Brass Blade & Bead Recycling

Message Subject: Brass Blade & Bead Recycling
labdog
Posted 12/28/2017 7:53 PM (#888323)
Subject: Brass Blade & Bead Recycling

Just wondering what are your best methods for cleaning brass blades or beads. I have a number of French #6 or #7 with matching beads that develop that green oxidation or surface water spot residue that seems to almost eat away the lacquer even after minimal use. I heard of using ketchup alone, a mix of vinegar/baking soda, or using Brasso to clean. Do any of these work? I've tried to keep these away from any salt and use non-salted trailers but haven't found a solution. The only other thing I can think of is coating the blade (clear nail polish) or just stepping up to a premium/gold blade. Any thoughts....
otto
Posted 12/29/2017 6:24 PM (#888402 - in reply to #888323)
Subject: RE: Brass Blade & Bead Recycling

Because I reload I have access to both a case tumbler and a vibratory case cleaner. Both methods are EZPZ. Corncob media spiked with Flitz. Cleans everything right up and leaves a very light waxy finish to inhibit further oxidation. I've done #5 French blades 200 at a crack and beads, well. With beads though you may have to poke media out of the holes but no real biggie. If you know someone close that reloads they could probably help you out for a 6 pack or so...

Of course real gold is always, well, golden. But you pay for that. And then you still have the tarnished brass laying around.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)