Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Small outboard repair

Reply New post
Message Subject: Small outboard repair
Slumpbuster
Posted 11/25/2017 4:34 PM (#885067)
Subject: Small outboard repair

I have two late 70’s Evinrude 2hp that I use to power my row troller. One is a backup. I had both of them serviced last year at a popular marina and the price was absurd for the services performed and neither motor made it through the season. They were previously well running and both left me stranded big time. Pretty frustrating. Was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a small outboard repair shop in Vilas County? Looking to have these motors rebuilt completely. I know I could go buy a four stroke new for what it will probably cost me to get these fixed but they are the perfect weight for the boat they power and a modern engine just won’t do for this specific application. Thanks!!
Pointerpride102
Posted 11/25/2017 10:52 PM (#885113 - in reply to #885067)
Subject: Re: Small outboard repair

I empathize with your plight, but I have to ask.....

How did you get stranded with a row troller? Aren't you the primary source of propulsion?
Slumpbuster
Posted 11/26/2017 6:03 AM (#885115 - in reply to #885067)
Subject: Re: Small outboard repair

Big winds, probably shouldn’t have been out in the first place. If the wind kicks up enough and you have to row into it you become a hamster in a wheel, basically rowing in place. On open lakes if the wind is above about 15mph the waves alone push you backwards. Most of the time when it’s windy I motor as far upwind as possible, deploy my lines and boards and use the oars to control direction and actually slow me down to about 1.5mph. Both times I gave it a shot into the wind but ended up with a nice walk.

Edited by Slumpbuster 11/26/2017 6:13 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)