Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Motorguide x3 vs x5

Reply New post
Message Subject: Motorguide x3 vs x5
RBC
Posted 11/19/2017 3:08 PM (#884698)
Subject: Motorguide x3 vs x5

I am going to buy one of these trolling motors this off season and I am wondering if it is worth it to spend $500 more for the x5? Thx for any opinions
mtcook16
Posted 11/22/2017 11:21 AM (#884886 - in reply to #884698)
Subject: Re: Motorguide x3 vs x5

I think you would be happy with a Minn Kota Maxxum with Bowguard. If you hit something, the spring in the motor allows it to bounce back and reset. Also, models with the digital maximizer extend run time of your batteries by digitally controlling the power draw of the motor to be more efficient. MK motors are made in the USA and many of the features you'll find on the "other guys" were pioneered by MK. https://www.minnkotamotors.com/Trolling-Motors/Freshwater-Bow-Mount/...

Otherwise, if price is more of a factor, a comparable motor to the X3 would be a Minn Kota Edge.
banditman
Posted 12/6/2017 2:14 PM (#886142 - in reply to #884698)
Subject: RE: Motorguide x3 vs x5

RBC - 11/19/2017 3:08 PM

I am going to buy one of these trolling motors this off season and I am wondering if it is worth it to spend $500 more for the x5? Thx for any opinions

Go with the X5, its a great motor. I've run one for the last 2 seasons. I had a control board issue that Motorguide bent over backwards for me to get me back up and running for a tournament. Other than that, the motor has preformed flawlessly. Plenty of power(I have the 24v 80#) and very quiet. Very easy on the battery as well. I purchased MG because that's what I've always run. The only knock I can give them is that they dont have as many service centers as Minnnkota. If you do need service, you will be taking a drive. Make sure you consider that before you make your purchase.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)