Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lsc boat launch

Message Subject: Lsc boat launch
jtemp60
Posted 11/10/2017 5:37 PM (#884026)
Subject: Lsc boat launch

Can someone please tell me what boat launch they use on the US side close to the mouth of Detroit river (that is safe)?
Thanks Justin
lennyg3
Posted 11/10/2017 6:05 PM (#884027 - in reply to #884026)
Subject: RE: Lsc boat launch

jtemp60 - 11/10/2017 6:37 PM

Can someone please tell me what boat launch they use on the US side close to the mouth of Detroit river (that is safe)?
Thanks Justin

safe is a relative term. I wouldn't leave any valuables unattended at any of the launches near that location. Lock your doors and don't fish alone into dark. Many people fish without issue, but keep your wits about you. The launches I have used here are all a little shady.
Mr Fisherman
Posted 11/11/2017 5:11 AM (#884046 - in reply to #884026)
Subject: Re: Lsc boat launch

We used to Launch at Alter Road near Riverside Drive and fish the mouth of the Detroit but now we fish the South Shore in Canada exclusively and stay there the whole area around Alter Road and Riverside Drive is pretty shady with some spots that aren't bad a lot of the area every other house looks like it was bombed out or run over by a bulldozer One Night in the fall we were coming in late and a car rolled up with a bunch of shady dudes then a cop rolled up put his lights on they left he came over and talked to us and asked us what we were doing told him we were fishing he was kind of shocked we were coming into the ramp at dark said he'd stick around to make sure we were all right and then proceeded us to tell us that two weeks earlier two bodies were found chopped up in garbage bags right across the street in the park last time we launched there started staying in Canada after that you can launch at some marinas on the river but not late in the fall. If you go on Google Maps and look right by Peshie Island you'll find Alter Road and Riverside Drive around look at the neighborhood on the map on street view the ramp has a beat-up store right next to it with a boat laying on the front of it in the parking lot
Mr Fisherman
Posted 11/11/2017 5:14 AM (#884047 - in reply to #884026)

14638 Riverside Blvd is right by the ramp on google street view
jtemp60
Posted 11/11/2017 5:30 AM (#884048 - in reply to #884026)

I didn't know if there was a different one than alter road people where using. Thanks for the info though.

Justin
mastical
Posted 11/11/2017 8:03 AM (#884054 - in reply to #884048)
Subject: Re: Lsc boat launch

St Jean is nice, FCA building near so people are around.
Mr Fisherman
Posted 11/11/2017 8:42 AM (#884059 - in reply to #884026)

Before Alter we would launch at 9 mile by blossom health and make the run not fun if the wind was wrong or foggy dodging the big freighters
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)